[GDT] Around the NHL [October 2024]

18 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The Utes have turned back into a pumpkin. 

They were never gonna go 82-0, they're still probably a long shot for a playoff spot 

It's been an encouraging start for them though, they have the pieces to be a really good team sooner than later if their management makes smart decisions 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Coconuts said:

They were never gonna go 82-0, they're still probably a long shot for a playoff spot 

It's been an encouraging start for them though, they have the pieces to be a really good team sooner than later if their management makes smart decisions 

The league will work hard to get the Utes into the playoffs. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Alflives said:

The league will work hard to get the Utes into the playoffs. 

It probably won't matter, that division is a gauntlet 

Avs, Stars, and Jets are probably all safe bets to make the playoffs, Avs are struggling because of injuries but that probably won't last 

Preds should start stringing wins together at some point, St. Louis has been competitive thus far and so has Minnesota 

Honestly, the central could take both wildcards this season 

Canucks, Oil, and Knights probably come out of the Pacific, Seattle and LA are maybe's 

• Vintage 1

If anyone wants some entertainment go watch the Sens/Kings highlights.

Man what a shitshow that game was! Neither team could get a save.

The Kings blew so many leads, including three 2 goal leads.

The MacEwan goal was especially wild. Nice shot but there’s absolutely no way an NHL goalie should let that in. 🤦‍♂️

• Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

If anyone wants some entertainment go watch the Sens/Kings highlights.

Man what a shitshow that game was! Neither team could get a save.

The Kings blew so many leads, including three 2 goal leads.

The MacEwan goal was especially wild. Nice shot but there’s absolutely no way an NHL goalie should let that in. 🤦‍♂️

Our 2 OT and shout-out losses look as tidy as a loss can be compared to a lot of these other games 

5 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Devils might be pretty spoiled on D going forward

I didn't actually realize that Seamus Casey was part of the Devils' organization until now. Luke Hughes, Nemec, and Casey developing together is definitely enviable. They almost have too many defensemen (I forgot they signed Dillon this summer too), and they currently have 4 RH defensemen in their lineup even with Pesce injured.

NJ might actually be a really good target if we want to pick up a defenseman. Once Pesce and Hughes are healthy they will likely be willing to trade someone.

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Watching SLO Mo Seider. He’s slower than Dana Murzyn. I thought Dahlin was a dim bulb. The lights are totally off with this guy. Big, slow, and a potato head. 

You would love this Alf.

Dahlin submarined Krebs in practice and then started pounding on him. 

This is the guy they chose as their captain. 🤣

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Alflives said:

The Utes have turned back into a pumpkin. 

Utah will be a better team than most people think. They have a lot of young talent and their top draft picks are now more experienced. I really like Keller, Cooley, Guenther and Hayton, along with Crouse and, in Ingram, a goalie I think may be really underrated. They have only one player older than 30 (Ian Cole 35), two players who are 30 and everybody else in their 20's. They are playing to full houses and I'm sure that has energized the whole organization. I don't think they'll make the playoffs, but I think they'll be in the fight for a wild card spot. I could be dead wrong, a fact that I will no doubt be reminded of frequently and with glee. C'est la vie.

On 10/13/2024 at 8:18 PM, Dumb Nuck said:

That’s bad but Silovs is .769

Silovs is paid league minimum at 850,  is young at 23 and has 10 NHL starts. 

Skinner is paid 2.6m and at 27 years has 124 NHL starts and should be entering his prime. 

It’s ludicrous to compare Skinner to Silovs in an effort to pump up the Coilers goaltending. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

16 hours ago, Alflives said:

Watching SLO Mo Seider. He’s slower than Dana Murzyn. I thought Dahlin was a dim bulb. The lights are totally off with this guy. Big, slow, and a potato head. 

Maybe he's eating too many of those big starch balls Germans like to eat 

Alps Dumpling GIF by CK HOŠKA TOUR

• Haha 1

On 10/13/2024 at 8:18 PM, Dumb Nuck said:

That’s bad but Silovs is .769

2 hours ago, Barnstorm said:

It’s ludicrous to compare Skinner to Silovs in an effort to pump up the Coilers goaltending. 

Right?

If we're comparing, may I also point out that Teddy Blueger and Daniel Sprong both have more goals than McDavid right now.

• Upvote 1