[GDT] Around the NHL [October 2024]

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Michkov’s hockey smarts are off the charts. I remember the late ‘70’s when “so called” hockey experts were saying some kid from Ontario was too skinny, too slow, and too weak to shoot and play in the National League. Smarts (with skill) make superstars. We’ve seen that before. Anyone seeing Michkov play in the world u18’s could see he was one of those rare greats who only come along once in a blue moon. Insane he dropped to seven in his draft. Should have gone for sure second and Alf’s Empties take him first. He’s that rare a player. 

I recall him being discussed as a consensus 1 overall any other year if not for Bedard and the Russia factor. Philly is incredibly lucky he was able to come over as early as he has. He’s incredibly talented.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, qwijjibo said:

I

And Dach, the moron, breaks his hand and gets concussed in a meaningless game because he had to satisfy his selfish need for revenge. Dach is just another reason why the Haberdoodles will continue to be a loser team. Selfish loser player = losing. 

16 minutes ago, Alflives said:

And Dach, the moron, breaks his hand and gets concussed in a meaningless game because he had to satisfy his selfish need for revenge. Dach is just another reason why the Haberdoodles will continue to be a loser team. Selfish loser player = losing. 

Did he actually break his hand?

48 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Man that hit on Stutzle looked alot like Rome but higher.

I love Brady Tkachuk, no hesitation, should've beat his ass more imo you don't do that crap in preseason.

I'd take Brady on my team anyday. If he was ever made available I'd be all in.

Bot defending Xhekaj. It was late and high, but Greig's hit on Dach was just as bad and didn't, even get called.  The refs need to start getting these calls right. I have to wonder if Xhekaj was  sending a message that if the refs won't protect his teammates he'll make it so other teams won't take liberties.  It was an idiotic play either way 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, qwijjibo said:

Bot defending Xhekaj. It was late and high, but Greig's hit on Dach was just as bad and didn't, even get called.  The refs need to start getting these calls right. I have to wonder if Xhekaj was  sending a message that if the refs won't protect his teammates he'll make it so other teams won't take liberties.  It was an idiotic play either way 

Xhekaj clearly targeted the head and was trying to injure the other player. The Grieg hit was late but shoulder to shoulder. Xhekaj will definitely get suspended. He’s the kind of player the league doesn’t need. He’s a throw back to the knuckle draggers. 

8 hours ago, qwijjibo said:

Didn't see the other play you mention so I'll take your word for it, it's unfortunate so many good players are getting hurt in the preseason. Hate to see it.

If guys are looking to make a team I get finishing a check hard but you hate seeing this reckless crap when the games mean nothing. 

4 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Didn't see the other play you mention so I'll take your word for it, it's unfortunate so many good players are getting hurt in the preseason. Hate to see it.

If guys are looking to make a team I get finishing a check hard but you hate seeing this reckless crap when the games mean nothing. 

To be fair, Xhekaj didn't actually hit him in the head. His own stick got him. Looked worse in real time than it actually was.  Preseason hockey needs to be shorter. There's no harm to the team taking a 5 minute major even if it costs you the game because there's no points on tbe line.  

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Lol Bill Guerin is probably like “come on man!”

There goes any negotiating position he had. 🤣

Pretty much, but they're in tough without him going forward and everyone knows it 

He had more to say though, sounds like Minnesota is ambitious 

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/3089391/wild-owner-nobody-will-offer-more-money-than-us-to-kaprizov

15 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Pretty much, but they're in tough without him going forward and everyone knows it 

He had more to say though, sounds like Minnesota is ambitious 

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/3089391/wild-owner-nobody-will-offer-more-money-than-us-to-kaprizov

They were ambitious when they went after Suter and Parise too. How’d that work out for them? 🤣

• ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

They were ambitious when they went after Suter and Parise too. How’d that work out for them? 🤣

You know what, you're right, if I were a Wild fan I'd probably be upset

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, Olli Juolevi said:

I'm not sure how Xhekaj has only been assessed a single $3K fine for his assault on Pare and that hit on Stutzle.

Because he got significant in game penalties and the stuzle thing looked worse than it was 

• ThereItIs 1

29 minutes ago, Olli Juolevi said:

I'm not sure how Xhekaj has only been assessed a single $3K fine for his assault on Pare and that hit on Stutzle.

Not to tease much, but your handle pretty much answers that post.  These sort of things were just hockey growing up.   X is just doing his job.  

• Upvote 1