[GDT] Around the NHL [October 2024]

37 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Not to tease much, but your handle pretty much answers that post.  These sort of things were just hockey growing up.   X is just doing his job.  

How different was what Xhekaj did from what Bertuzzi did? I'm not saying the acts were identical, but the discipline handed down seems way too discrepant for what happened on the ice. How can a player jump an unwilling combatant and not receive any suspension? Especially because it was later in the game than the incident he was responding to. 

I'm not sure what my handle has to do with it here. 

2 hours ago, Olli Juolevi said:

How different was what Xhekaj did from what Bertuzzi did? I'm not saying the acts were identical, but the discipline handed down seems way too discrepant for what happened on the ice. How can a player jump an unwilling combatant and not receive any suspension? Especially because it was later in the game than the incident he was responding to. 

I'm not sure what my handle has to do with it here. 

They aren't at all similar. Xhekaj didn't attack him from behind. He grabbed him and Pare swung around to try to get away. Xhekaj never took his gloves off.  He pu chrd him 3 or 4 times and let go. Bertuzzi drove Moores head into the ice then dove on top and kept going 

19 minutes ago, Blue said:

Mcd losing his shit. From some doc coming out 

I mean it worked since they came back to force game 7 after that.

Although with zero goals in game 6 and 7 maybe he should have dig the fuck in too…🤣

Either way this isn’t gonna help the McWhinerBaby reputation. 

Edited by DeNiro
  • Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

25 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Although with zero goals in game 6 and 7 maybe he should have dig the fuck in too…🤣

Goes from 2ppg game the first 3 rounds to .86ppg in the finals

more like McStagefright 

gets shut down by Cole Cassels in the memorial cup to no showing game 6 and 7. Seems like the big games just aren’t his thing 

Edited by AnthonyG
  • ThereItIs 1

57 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Well I mean… correct me if I’m wrong but…. They went home and lost that next game 🤣

46 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Well I mean… correct me if I’m wrong but…. They went home and lost that next game 🤣

Oh right for some reason I thought that was after game 3 but that wouldn’t make sense. 🤣

Guess his tantrum backfired.

Edited by DeNiro

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Oh right for some reason I thought that was after game 3 but that wouldn’t make sense. 🤣

Guess his tantrum backfired.

Yea I thought it was after game 3 which could be somewhat understandable going down 3-0… but then I’m like ummmmm that’s an away jersey lmao. What a little bitch going down 2-0 and throwing a tantrum like that. Funny thing is they did what he asked. They did win one game at home on that home stand 🤣

6 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Wonder if he'll level up again this season

Bruin’s management actually thinks they will make the playoffs without Swayman?  Neely is as stupid a gorilla as he looks. “I’m Cam Neely. I shoot pucks and skate. I need meat. Give me bone to chew”. 

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Bruin’s management actually thinks they will make the playoffs without Swayman?  Neely is as stupid a gorilla as he looks. “I’m Cam Neely. I shoot pucks and skate. I need meat. Give me bone to chew”. 

If they open the season and proceed to lose a good amount, or if they look mediocre, it'll put pressure on Bruins brass to get it done

If they can find ways to win without Swayman than the stalemate may continue