[GDT] Around the NHL [October 2024]

I'm actually confused.. who the fuk does the scheduling for preseason?? didn't NJ played the flyers last night in Philly?? and then next day they start the NHL season in Prague? yes I know their regular team is in Prague.. then what is the point of the last couple preseason games NJ played since none of those players even have a chance to make the team and who the hell is even coaching the team? the AHL coaches?

Sabres are so screwed. They’ve hitched their wagon to Mr. Ed. Okay Mr. Ed had more brains than Dahlin.

Theres a reason why guys like ROR and Eichel demand trades out of Buffalo and then go on to lead their new clubs to Cups. They know what’s wrong with the Sabres can’t be fixed, or ownership refuses to fix it. Those super smart players know any club building around a guy like Dahlin (the dough head) is going to be a loser. So these two both got out. And won Cups elsewhere. 

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Looks like Power and Byram have pushed Dahlin down the depth chart. 

I remember praying we won the lottery so hard. I had this vision of Petey and Dahlin being this Swedish power house, and being so butthurt we didn't win.....

But in hindsight we smashed that lottery out of the park with Quinn.

Thank fuck all those teams passed on him.

• Cheers 1

I wonder if Byfield will level up again this season, he was very impressive last season

He really seems to be putting it all together and could be a force for LA going forward

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nhl/pre-season-game-between-predators-lightning-cancelled-due-to-impending-weather/ar-AA1rNe2D?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=b9e96aaebfa549e18d0f82c7e7c06f72&ei=31

"

Afinal pre-season game between the Tampa Bay Lightning and Nashville Predators set for Monday was cancelled as the Tampa area prepares for Hurricane Milton, the teams announced on Sunday.

The game between the two teams was originally scheduled for Sep. 27 but was postponed due to the effects of Hurricane Helene in Florida.

Hurricane Milton is an impending tropical storm in the Gulf of Mexico. According to local authorities, it has been officially classified as a hurricane and is heading toward Florida’s west coast. It’s expected to arrive near Tampa on Wednesday as at least a Category 3 storm, according to the U.S. National Hurricane Center.

-------------------------------------

Hurricane Milton is being projected as another huge, damaging storm.