[GDT] Around the NHL [October 2024]

First Utah goal!

Wiki: Coyotes selected Guenther with the ninth overall pick in the 2021 draft; the pick was acquired in a trade with the Vancouver Canucks.

Edited by Jaimito

7 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

It had to be Guenther. Lol. On a side note, broadcast saying Bedard now has offensive help in Mikheyev. :classic_ninja: Watch him actually score 20+ though.

Benning wouldn’t have taken Guenther.

He would have tried to be clever and taken someone else and subsequently ruined their development.

• ThereItIs 1

26 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Y, depends on when you first hear them. 

For me, it was the PlayStation games.  I never watched love hockey on ESPN on the prior run in the old days. 

HNIC theme was great in the original recording.   Playoffs in the 80s and early 90s.  Now it sounds different, not as good.  Same melody, but I don't like it as much.  

The original HNIC theme was iconic and had a very distinct sound. The new one is just so generic and sounds like any old orchestrated thing you hear on any NA national sports broadcast. I really hope somebody comes in and does a remaster or re-recording of the original and bring it back to its glory.

5 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Blackhawks are all kinds of suck. It was either going to be them or San Jose as Utah's first opponent on home ice. Lol. Wouldn't be surprised if their next home game was San Jose.

Lot of vets on the team. They look terrible tonight.