GDT/PGT l Preseason Game 6 l Friday, October 4 l Coilers (boo) @ Canucks (woo) l 7 PM l Sportsnet & 650

-dlc-

3 hours ago, RJCF96 said:

Likely Silovs for full 60 minute. Lankinen played on Monday, so I think Silovs gets the full game tonight.

I would think that Silovs is our go to guy until Demko is back with Lankinen as backup, probably 65/35 split on games.

1 hour ago, Canuck You said:

Love the forwards but Forbort-Desharnais...😬

Good game to test that pair out.

If they’re gonna get exposed it would be against a fast team like Edmonton.

If they struggle then maybe an adjustment needs to be made.

• Cheers 4

Felt like I waited a whole year for this game only to remember I won't even be able to watch.

Oh well, I'm 50/50 on whether or not I even want to watch any Oilers games cause I hate that whole franchise on a whole level I never knew could exist.

So stomp their sorry arses into next month Canucks and watch them cry! (blimey I need to get a grip)

GCG!🤪

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Blue said:

Ethan Bear is on waivers. Forbort and Deshardains ain't cutting it for me. 

I haven't seen enough of the bottom pair.  But Bear as an depth piece will be good.  Although he might have burned with bridge with PA last season.  You got the sense PA was waiting patiently for him to return but went to Canes for a better offer in the end. 

29 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I would think that Silovs is our go to guy until Demko is back with Lankinen as backup, probably 65/35 split on games.

Lankinen to me is still the better goalie of the 2 in the regular season. He has more experience and shown over the past 4 seasons that he is capable of holding his own and provide above average goaltending as a backup.

Silovs is still young, only 19 NHL games (including the 10 games he played in the 2024 playoffs) and there will be nights where he struggles just like any young goalies. I think the ceiling and potential is there for him, but as of this season, I believe Lankinen is still ahead of him and will get more starts out of the 2 until Demko returns.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1