GDT/PGT l Preseason Game 6 l Friday, October 4 l Coilers (boo) @ Canucks (woo) l 7 PM l Sportsnet & 650

-dlc-

2 minutes ago, RJCF96 said:

Lankinen to me is still the better goalie of the 2 in the regular season. He has more experience and shown over the past 4 seasons that he is capable of holding his own and provide above average goaltending as a backup.

Silovs is still young, only 19 NHL games (including the 10 games he played in the 2024 playoffs) and there will be nights where he struggles just like any young goalies. I think the ceiling and potential is there for him, but as of this season, I believe Lankinen is still ahead of him and will get more starts out of the 2 until Demko returns.

Šilovs is also waiver exempt when Demko comes back.

Lank is the guy 100%

• Cheers 2

15 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

IMG_0776.thumb.png.56472446a2952e7c45ea6089f057139d.png

NOT FUCKING GOOD ENOUGH

DIG THE FUCK IN

0 PTS GAME 7 THATS NOT GOOD ENOUGH ITS GAME 7 IN THE FUCKING FINALS

I still think it was immature of him not to accept the Conn Smythe.

Like, I get it. You're upset, and it's a team game. But it's not the alpha move you think it is, Connor...

Gigeure accepted it graciously. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

10 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

Forbort and Desharnais are way better options than Bear.

Footy and Gonch will work their magic I'm sure.

This is what I’m thinking! 
And I like their SIZE too, so hopefully.

Edited by Bretzky

28 minutes ago, nergish said:

I still think it was immature of him not to accept the Conn Smythe.

Like, I get it. You're upset, and it's a team game. But it's not the alpha move you think it is, Connor...

Gigeure accepted it graciously. 

One Hundred thousand million motherfuckin percent. Why the fuck would you not accept a trophy that was a massive statement. You lost the tournament but you showed Edmonton and the entire hockey community that you gave it your absolute fucking best and that trophy solidified that you gave it more than 110%. His antics after game 2??? When he grabbed an apple and got blanked the game before, then to go and no show the Conn Smythe….. disgusting show of sportsmanship. He’s a poor fucking loser and that will be a black stain on his career that will never wash out and he will probably never get that opportunity again. Their contract situation is an absolute fucking nightmare next season and by the time the cap catches up to his and Leon’s new contracts they will be past their prime, Leon is lookin like hes going to wind up like Landeskog with the amount of injuries he’s battling through every playoff and then it will be just McGreedy, Nurse, the skin head and Pooptard trying to win a cup while they soak up over 50% of the salary cap. Good. Fucking. Luck.

Edited by AnthonyG
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • chaos 1

27 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

Forbort and Desharnais are way better options than Bear.

You can't judge them in a new system, new team, new team mates, new coaches.... by seeing a few pre season games.

Footy and Gonch will work their magic I'm sure 

Agree with this. They both should get better as the season evolves. 

• Like 1

Watching the "Inside the NHL" series on Prime , i skipped all the episodes to watch the Hughes centric episode 4.  Outstanding.  Ill then fast forward to the episode where McLotto cries at the end of the glorious game 7 as a warmup for tonight (ok i dont have a heart of stone, I almost felt sorry for him).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Darius said:

Watching the "Inside the NHL" series on Prime , i skipped all the episodes to watch the Hughes centric episode 4.  Outstanding.  Ill then fast forward to the episode where McLotto cries at the end of the glorious game 7 as a warmup for tonight (ok i dont have a heart of stone, I almost felt sorry for him).

I can’t wait!!!

• Cheers 1

I am excited to see this lineup in action. Yeah yeah, preseason is not the real deal but this one feels and looks like it. Oilers have 1.5 forward lines and we potentially have the ability to roll all 4. Advantage Vancouver there. Defence could go either way honestly. Soucy-Myers looked ok last year and Forbort-Desharnais could be a big mean tandem but they could also get exposed by the Oilers. Let’s stop wondering and start showing the league that the Canucks are for real!

3 minutes ago, Amebushi said:

I am excited to see this lineup in action. Yeah yeah, preseason is not the real deal but this one feels and looks like it. Oilers have 1.5 forward lines and we potentially have the ability to roll all 4. Advantage Vancouver there. Defence could go either way honestly. Soucy-Myers looked ok last year and Forbort-Desharnais could be a big mean tandem but they could also get exposed by the Oilers. Let’s stop wondering and start showing the league that the Canucks are for real!

Spend more time on there half.Less on your own.Problem solved

1 minute ago, Amebushi said:

Might take some of those coilers a fair bit of skating to try and get around the reach of those monsters on the back end.

we may not have the most versatile blue line but we do have one elite pair and 2 pairs that take away a ton of time and space and bring a fair bit of shot suppression.

Our bottom 4 D have a ton of reach, personally I like it. It’s a blue collar bottom 4 that will make like hell 

5 hours ago, Breadnbutta said:

It's odd that technically the reg season starts today with the devils and Sabres in Prague, but there are still pre season games on..

They should have less pre season and the entire league should be starting today.

There would prob be less league wide injuries too.

Devils won the first game of the 2024/2025 season.

5 hours ago, Canuck You said:

Agreed, Just another cash grab for greedy arse Buttman... Mo' money, Mo' problems..No Diddy.

Considering that a big part of the NHL is European, I'd say it's in their best interest to grow the brand there, no?

• Like 1