GDT/PGT l Preseason Game 6 l Friday, October 4 l Coilers (boo) @ Canucks (woo) l 7 PM l Sportsnet & 650

-dlc-

solid win....feels like the EP40 line still needs some time together...a few glimpses here and there was good though. id like to see a switch between heinen and sprong. add more skill to the ep40 line. hope suter will b back for the home opener. Bains had a good night. silovs had a good night. Hoglander had a good night...

9 minutes ago, NucksFan said:

I grew up one block from Wally’s original location on Kingsway, I loved that place 

I have a Vera’s within a 1/2 hr so I can go there sometimes

I used to work at Wally's on Kingsway. Not saying how long ago, but a regular burger was 30 cents and a cheeseburger was 40 cents. 

• Sad 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Goose said:

No Demko & Joshua and Canucks still a better team than Coilers

PK looks good w Heinen/Sherwood

Petey’s line looked a little disjointed w Sprong, but only 1 game.  

We’re still gonna add Garland and Suter too.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

McDavid postgame:

I love that no one's paying attention to him.

Like he's just going off at everyone (equipment guys included) and they're just keeping calm and carrying on. Like whatever dude. 

As he totally unhinges.

• Sad 1
  • Vintage 1

National sports media keep pumping the coilers as the future champs , but that roster looks weaker than what they had last year.  When the big two arent tag teaming on the same line the rest of the team look like they pose 0 threat.  I mean their depth consists of 40 yr old Perry, 4 goal Brown and they brought in Podkolzin to bolster the bottom 6. - these guys wouldnt crack our lineup.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Darius said:

National sports media keep pumping the coilers as the future champs , but that roster looks weaker than what they had last year.  When the big two arent tag teaming on the same line the rest of the team look like they pose 0 threat.  I mean their depth consists of 40 yr old Perry, 4 goal Brown and they brought in Podkolzin to bolster the bottom 6. - these guys wouldnt crack our lineup.

Arvidsson and Skinner on paper should be a huge upgrade but this preseason they've been extremely underwhelming. Will be interesting to see them come reg season.

Nice to see that we're getting under the Oilers skin already.  Too bad we only get to play them three times this year.  Anyway, it was a good tune-up, bring on the real thing.  Go Canucks Go!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ronning4center said:

Really impressed with forberts mobility.  Not so worried about that pair after tonight.

Him and Desharnais showed their worth when Nurse was running around, too.  

Looking forward to another year of good push back when teams take liberties.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

I used to work at Wally's on Kingsway. Not saying how long ago, but a regular burger was 30 cents and a cheeseburger was 40 cents. 

White Spot Drive In. I was a carhop. We had a deal. Burger, Fries, Drink $4.99. 

We had some smart seagulls. They would fly onto the hood of cars. Stare are the people in the car. And they'd throw them fries. 

Had Rick Hansen and his family as a customer. It was great they could eat and not have to get out of the van. He tipped well too. 

• Cheers 1