GDT/PGT l Preseason Game 6 l Friday, October 4 l Coilers (boo) @ Canucks (woo) l 7 PM l Sportsnet & 650

-dlc-

Just now, MikeyD said:

Arvidsson and Skinner on paper should be a huge upgrade but this preseason they've been extremely underwhelming. Will be interesting to see them come reg season.

Upgrade on who? Coilers cost three very key young, fast, hard to play against guys. McLeod, Holloway, and Broberg are huge losses. Those old guys you mention are craperolla and Pods is a dough head. 
Coilers stink. Their city stinks. Their fans stink. 

• Haha 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

I love that no one's paying attention to him.

Like he's just going off at everyone (equipment guys included and they're just keeping calm and carrying on. 

As he unravel.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.... Mc Crybaby will NOT resign in Oil country unless they get a REAL defense & goalie. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, flat land fish said:

Oilers don't have better, thought hos pk work was solid but really lacks confidence with puck on his stick offensively

Pods was terrible. Coilers thinking he’s the replacement for McLeod or Holloway are laughably delusional 

Just now, grumpyone said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again.... Mc Crybaby will NOT resign in Oil country unless they get a REAL defense & goalie. 

McDavid would have to take a massive pay cut if he wants to have a better goalies.  I doubt he would do that.  

9 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

I used to work at Wally's on Kingsway. Not saying how long ago, but a regular burger was 30 cents and a cheeseburger was 40 cents. 

used to work at Selkirk Elementary.... Friday night wally burgers mmmmmm

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

How was Heinen today? 

I don't know if he's was a good signing or not... 

Just now, tas said:

he was quietly good. 

Need more time with that line together. Same goes for the EP line. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, coolboarder said:

McDavid would have to take a massive pay cut if he wants to have a better goalies.  I doubt he would do that.  

oh, you mean like Crosby?

1 minute ago, coolboarder said:

They’ll take the hit and deal out Nurse to make the team better as a whole in utilizing his cap hit elsewhere, imho. Perhaps after this season. 

Just now, RakuRaku said:

Why?? Too slow or too physical??

I think it was Forbort who got turn styled shortly after I made the comment. I love the physicality. I just worry about their ability to defend off the rush. They have the reach though, as long as they consistently disrupt the opposing team with their stick, they should be a really easy pair to like. Toughness around the crease is always a good thing.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Arvidsson and Skinner on paper should be a huge upgrade but this preseason they've been extremely underwhelming. Will be interesting to see them come reg season.

In theory those additions look great for their top 6

But thinking of the fit...

Skinner reminds me of Kuzmenko, maybe even softer than Kuzmenko.  Drai has problems in his own end and they are gonna team him up with a guy thats even worse defensively.  Arvidsson can be good if he stays healthy, hes a poor mans Hoglander 😀 

If those two additions dont click i think they are in trouble.  They lost some solid / speedy players in the offseason ...their depth is awful.

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Upgrade on who? Coilers cost three very key young, fast, hard to play against guys. McLeod, Holloway, and Broberg are huge losses. Those old guys you mention are craperolla and Pods is a dough head. 
Coilers stink. Their city stinks. Their fans stink. 

It blows my mind that they didn't keep one of them. Its insane. 

I am listening to the coil post game. And its very negative.

• Vintage 1

Just now, RWJC said:

They’ll take the hit and deal out Nurse to make the team better as a whole in utilizing his cap hit elsewhere, imho. Perhaps after this season. 

No team would want Nurse unless they add sweeteners and it will still be a lose-lose trade for the Oilers.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

fortunately  he has a full no movement clause......ha ha ha ha ha ha 

• Haha 1