GDT/PGT l Preseason Game 6 l Friday, October 4 l Coilers (boo) @ Canucks (woo) l 7 PM l Sportsnet & 650

-dlc-

2 minutes ago, Darius said:

In theory those additions look great for their top 6

But thinking of the fit...

Skinner reminds me of Kuzmenko, maybe even softer than Kuzmenko.  Drai has problems in his own end and they are gonna team him up with a guy thats even worse defensively.  Arvidsson can be good if he stays healthy, hes a poor mans Hoglander 😀 

If those two additions dont click i think they are in trouble.  They lost some solid / speedy players in the offseason ...their depth is awful.

The fit was terrible and everyone said it at the time. They would be good players to add to a team that could afford some smaller softer players.

But hey, most of the media has already done their picks. Everyone but one picked them to win the division and the cup

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

How was Heinen today? 

I don't know if he's was a good signing or not... 

I dont know yet either but he was alright. Kinda reminded me of Chris Higgins wearing the #20

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, tas said:

this simply isn't leadership. would you respond to that? I'd laugh at the fuckin guy if I was in that dressing room. 

Wasn't this during the Stanley Cup Finals against Florida? Then, they went on to win the next 3?

6 minutes ago, RWJC said:

They’ll take the hit and deal out Nurse to make the team better as a whole in utilizing his cap hit elsewhere, imho. Perhaps after this season. 

If we had to buyout OEL, I don't see a world where Nurse gets traded. He has 3 years on his deal after this season. Easily one of the worst contracts in hockey.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Fan Abroad said:

Wasn't this during the Stanley Cup Finals against Florida? Then, they went on to win the next 3?

And then in the biggest game McWhiner Baby didn’t show up. He screams at his teammates to show up and then he doesn’t. He should shut his mouth. He’s won nothing. 

7 minutes ago, Darius said:

In theory those additions look great for their top 6

But thinking of the fit...

Skinner reminds me of Kuzmenko, maybe even softer than Kuzmenko.  Drai has problems in his own end and they are gonna team him up with a guy thats even worse defensively.  Arvidsson can be good if he stays healthy, hes a poor mans Hoglander 😀 

If those two additions dont click i think they are in trouble.  They lost some solid / speedy players in the offseason ...their depth is awful.

Honestly I think that despite those additions you can make a case that the Oilers are worse on paper than last year since their defence is worse, their bottom 6 is worse and they have less team toughness and grit which they already didn’t have an insane amount of to begin with. I’m not sure that Arvidsson and Skinner make up for all of that. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 2

This final preseason game to get the season roster going went well.

Didn’t dislike any combo’s on our lineup. The top 2 forward lines will be good to go and nobody seemed out of place and give them another game to gel…all’s good!

Our bottom 6 showed we have good depth, no defensive weaknesses and can produce offensive chances too.

Vancouver is well coached!
The best I’ve seen in a long while!

….probably the best management too! They added at the end of last season to reward the players make a push then didn’t buckle and made good offseason adjustments!

That was a good win keeping them only scoring once on us.

Gives Silovs some confidence too going forwards into the start of the season.

Edited by Bretzky
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

No team would want Nurse unless they add sweeteners and it will still be a lose-lose trade for the Oilers.  

3 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

fortunately  he has a full no movement clause......ha ha ha ha ha ha 

it just might have to be something they do. Add up Drai’s deal, McD and Bouchard extensions and they are already chewing up major cap space on just 3 players. Nurse is quickly becoming a liability at his price point to their club. It may cost them a lot to move him but it may be what the have to eventually do as their roster becomes that much more expensive to ice. 

that trade protection could be a real problem though, agreed on that 

3 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

If we had to buyout OEL, I don't see a world where Nurse gets traded. He has 3 years on his deal after this season. Easily one of the worst contracts in hockey.

Nurse's contract is 100% buyout proof and virtually untradeable. .. love it.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 2

4 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

This is where a team like CGY could make out like bandits though even if it’s with a rival. Get a boatload of picks with Nurse, than retain 30-50% of his salary and shop him for the best deal over time. At 5-6 MM certain teams would still covet Nurse 

3 minutes ago, CaribouCanuck said:

Honestly I think that despite those additions you can make a case that the Oilers are worse on paper than last year since their defence is worse, their bottom 6 is worse and they have less team toughness and grit which they already didn’t have an insane amount of to begin with. I’m not sure that Arvidsson and Skinner make up for all of that. 

If the idiot running the Coilers doesn’t go out and sign two old, slow, craperolla players he would have had the money to keep his young studs. Very much Benning stupidity. 

10 minutes ago, Fan Abroad said:

actually, they lost the next one. went down 3-0. 

Edited by tas
  • Thanks 1