GDT/PGT l Preseason Game 6 l Friday, October 4 l Coilers (boo) @ Canucks (woo) l 7 PM l Sportsnet & 650

-dlc-

1 minute ago, Barnstorm said:

Pretty quiet on the Garland front. Seems unusual for him to suddenly be absent with no explanation. Hope he’s ok.

Tocchet said in his post game presser that Garland was fine and would have played if it was a regular season game. Just a precaution. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Tocchet said in his post game presser that Garland was fine and would have played if it was a regular season game. Just a precaution. 

Great to hear that.

Such depth on the team this year. I understand why Tocchet described roster decisions as being difficult this year as compared to when he first arrived. 

• Cheers 2

8 hours ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Yeah, downtown is out of the question, imo. I thought they'd land at the Richmond Oval and adapt from that. 

to me the place the makes the most sense is hillcrest near nat bailey stadium.  It’s a straight shot down cambie to downtown.  I reckon that they may have already looked into it and did not get approval

Joshua and Garland were out. Bains did well. Oilers should be nervous as they had their full lineup. Their d-side is questionable. Nurse is as bad as ever . 

A $9.2 mil hit that is failing. Yikes.

Forbort and Desharnais are a work in progress. The coaching is new to them and I expect Gonchar and Foote will help them a lot. The PK was solid. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

47 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

Pretty quiet on the Garland front. Seems unusual for him to suddenly be absent with no explanation. Hope he’s ok.

He had a bit of a rough game physically (loved his pushback, he doesn't take crap) and so maybe just needed a rest and some recovery. 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Boudrias said:

Joshua and Garland were out. Bains did well. Oilers should be nervous as they had their full lineup. Their d-side is questionable. Nurse is as bad as ever . 

A $9.2 mil hit that is failing. Yikes.

Forbort and Desharnais are a work in progress. The coaching is new to them and I expect Gonchar and Foote will help them a lot. The PK was solid. 

Soilers are a pp team. If they don’t get a lot of pp goals they are cooked. At evens their top minute guys cheat like crazy to get offence, and in all zones. 

Quite amusing reading the Oilers' forum (which I never do but I'm bored).

The first few pages they're slamming us as fans. We "lost" (um, they did too). Surrey sh-hole. Parent's basements. Blahblahblah. (yes, all teams do this but I found some of it quite ironic).

The fact that we referenced not having Demko in the playoffs was a theme. "They blame it on not having a goaltender". By the end of the game last night they were blaming their loss on...."we don't have a goaltender".

Cute. Saw enough to know I loathe that team and their fans.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Douchard still can't hold the blueline, he's clumsy and is going to cost the Oilers a lot of goals this year. 

Skinner and Arvidsson are not the answers. That team is going backwards and I can't wait to see red-faced Connor losing his shit on his team mates again.

Go Canucks Go!

I'm sure that, as a team, that pulls you apart more than brings you together.

They have some high paid divas over there but the rest of the team shouldn't have to eat their crap. Especially when they pull disappearing acts at times too. They're all in it together and McBaby acts like he's superior to everyone. I'm glad our leaders egos are in check a bit more than the golden boys in Edmonton.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Forbort and Desharnais are a work in progress. The coaching is new to them and I expect Gonchar and Foote will help them a lot. The PK was solid

PK has been solid all preseason. Killed off 16 of 17 if I can add.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

The first few pages they're slamming us as fans. We "lost" (um, they did too). Surrey sh-hole. Parent's basements. Blahblahblah. (yes, all teams do this but I found some of it quite ironic).

The fact that we referenced not having Demko in the playoffs was a theme. "They blame it on not having a goaltender". By the end of the game last night they were blaming their loss on...."we don't have a goaltender".

Already out with the excuses. Sad pathetic bunch of losers

• ThereItIs 1

12 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I'm sure that, as a team, that pulls you apart more than brings you together.

They have some high paid divas over there but the rest of the team shouldn't have to eat their crap. Especially when they pull disappearing acts at times too. They're all in it together and McBaby acts like he's superior to everyone. I'm glad our leaders egos are in check a bit more than the golden boys in Edmonton.

It must, unless he's JT Miller, who is a real team leader.  I imagine while Connor was throwing his tantrum his team mates were thinking "Shut the f up dude. You make a gazillion dollars. You score the friggin goals." 😅

10 hours ago, Alflives said:

What happened to that prospect the Coilers got for McLeod, Savois? Clearly he’s never going to be an NHLer. 

Actually they now consider him their top prospect which is a sad comment on their system. He was assigned to the farm team and the Oil expect to recall him during this season.

18 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Then you'll love this live feed of the dressing room after 4-1 loss last night

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Then you'll love this live feed of the dressing room after 4-1 loss last night

So that's why he never accepted the Conn Smythe, he was too busy crying. Had nothing to do with being with his team in that moment, it was all about himself and his failure. 

Edited by Nucker67
  • ThereItIs 1

19 minutes ago, Reg said:

Actually they now consider him their top prospect which is a sad comment on their system. He was assigned to the farm team and the Oil expect to recall him during this season.

Watching McLeod playing for the Sabres this morning and it’s clear the Coilers got taken to the woodshed and bent over on the trade. McLeod can really play! 

22 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

So that's why he never accepted the Conn Smythe, he was too busy crying. Had nothing to do with being with his team in that moment, it was all about himself and his failure. 

For me, it's like a child who's had everything in life. And then doesn't get what he wants and lashes out, throws tantrums, cries. Suck it up, princess. Go out there and show some respect for an honour being presented to you. You lost, but don't act like a loser. Chin up buttercup.

I just have no respect for him...even AS the best player in the league. In seeing how he presents himself (smug, arrogant, entitled) and after slamming Quinn in the face with this stick. Nope. Conduct yourself like the best.