GDT/PGT l Preseason Game 6 l Friday, October 4 l Coilers (boo) @ Canucks (woo) l 7 PM l Sportsnet & 650

-dlc-

11 hours ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Bains has been solid, but if I was forced to choose between the two, it’s gotta be Sherwood. 

our depth is going to be our biggest asset .

We lined up our “weakest” team before this game and looked good against them 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

12 hours ago, ronning4center said:

Really impressed with forberts mobility.  Not so worried about that pair after tonight.

Forborts numbers are pretty damn good, he’s a slightly better Ian Cole without the own goals

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

He had a bit of a rough game physically (loved his pushback, he doesn't take crap) and so maybe just needed a rest and some recovery. 

Also gives us one last look at anyone trying to make the team. 

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Forborts numbers are pretty damn good, he’s a slightly better Ian Cole without the own goals

Not gonna lie, I’ve been worried about Forbort. But if last nights game is more or less representative of his baseline game, I’d be pretty content.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

12 hours ago, Fan Abroad said:

Sure. I have always thought that players who make lots on endorsements should be willing to take team discounts to help their team. Unfortunately, we live in a me first world. 

I know people want to buy into this type of mentality but that's far from the truth. The individual players them selves are often from humble beginnings and are never the ones pushing for the bag. For many it's a privilege and an honor and a dream to play in the NHL.

The actual $ contract values are negotiated by their agents not the players, the agents are the ones inflating values. Also if the player tries to overule or offer a discount the agent often will talk them out of it and if not the NHLPA will get involved and ensure the player in question takes the right compensation because if he doesn't it affects other players ability to negotiate.

It's not the player them selves who are greedy, sorry to break it to you.

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

For me, it's like a child who's had everything in life. And then doesn't get what he wants and lashes out, throws tantrums, cries. Suck it up, princess. Go out there and show some respect for an honour being presented to you. You lost, but don't act like a loser. Chin up buttercup.

I just have no respect for him...even AS the best player in the league. In seeing how he presents himself (smug, arrogant, entitled) and after slamming Quinn in the face with this stick. Nope. Conduct yourself like the best.

It seems like all the media attention he has received since a young age has gone to his head. The way he conducts himself just seems to have an air of self-entitlement. This might not be fair, but I truly felt like he wanted to say “yes” when he was asked if he thinks he’s the best in the world in that new Amazon series. I want to like the guy because he is an exciting player and Canadian but he might be one of the most unlikeable Canadian hockey stars ever, and that isn’t going to change until he matures his mindset.

• ThereItIs 1

Apparently the AI on the HF Boards Oilers Forum is absolutely stellar, identified me as a Canucks fan just by how I clicked the "REGISTER" button.

image.thumb.png.5dc6eda128e37817553daee5ae284c2c.png

Why register you ask, excellent question, thank you for asking! ... To answer the call of course, see below

image.thumb.png.2840b5994156fe2187f0ca7af83a05a7.png

Hilarious read on a slow Saturday morning sipping coffee ... skimmed a few pages and well, I can report that "ALL IS WELL IN COILER LAND" ... the shitting of pants is already starting.

• Haha 3
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Apparently the AI on the HF Boards Oilers Forum is absolutely stellar, identified me as a Canucks fan just by how I clicked the "REGISTER" button.

image.thumb.png.5dc6eda128e37817553daee5ae284c2c.png

Why register you ask, excellent question, thank you for asking! ... To answer the call of course, see below

image.thumb.png.2840b5994156fe2187f0ca7af83a05a7.png

Hilarious read on a slow Saturday morning sipping coffee ... skimmed a few pages and well, I can report that "ALL IS WELL IN COILER LAND" ... the shitting of pants is already starting.

I hope you sanitized after going there (I did).

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, The Duke said:

Him and Desharnais showed their worth when Nurse was running around, too.  

Looking forward to another year of good push back when teams take liberties.

Yeah when Forbort had him by the jersey nurse sure backed down quickly 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Westcoasting said:

Someone care to give a rundown on how Miller looked out there and likewise Petterson. 

He had a few of his no look pass moments. Rusty for sure. But engaged and he'll be fine.

I felt like Petey looks more confident and was acting more on instinct. Set up a goal with a beauty of a pass (he had 2 assists and another set up that was close) and I just feel like he's going to bust out again soon.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Tocchet said in his post game presser that Garland was fine and would have played if it was a regular season game. Just a precaution. 

Of course. Why would we trade a play driving, clutch, agitating forward that helps our team win 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

our depth is going to be our biggest asset .

We lined up our “weakest” team before this game and looked good against them 

You've got that right.  McDrai can't be on the ice 100% of the time and when they're not, they're vulnerable.  The Leafs are in the same boat.  

• Cheers 1