GDT/PGT l Preseason Game 6 l Friday, October 4 l Coilers (boo) @ Canucks (woo) l 7 PM l Sportsnet & 650

-dlc-

2 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

For me, that clip shows me all that's wrong with the Oilers. Lashing out with a hissy fit isn't very motivating and it's more lack of self restraint. If ever there was a time for a captain to show a glimmer of hope and encouragement rather than tearing down his teammates, that would've been it. But no, he's "mad" because there's a sense of entitlement there. He thinks he deserves to win. 

Lift each other up don't tear each other down. Good leaders motivate in a much more positive way.

Sure, some will say it's good and shows emotion and, if directed at self, sure. But it was like he was pissed off at everyone but himself. Look in the mirror, pal...you're supposed to be the best. And those last few playoff games...McBaby went MIA.

His behaviour screams "spoiled brat" to me.

McWhiner Baby has his yelling and screaming episode at his teammates. And then in their biggest game (game seven) he does nothing. He looks like an idiot. Who is he, and what has he won, to yell and scream at his teammates? 

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

22 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

For me, that clip shows me all that's wrong with the Oilers. Lashing out with a hissy fit isn't very motivating and it's more lack of self restraint. If ever there was a time for a captain to show a glimmer of hope and encouragement rather than tearing down his teammates, that would've been it. But no, he's "mad" because there's a sense of entitlement there. He thinks he deserves to win. 

Lift each other up don't tear each other down. Good leaders motivate in a much more positive way.

Sure, some will say it's good and shows emotion and, if directed at self, sure. But it was like he was pissed off at everyone but himself. Look in the mirror, pal...you're supposed to be the best. And those last few playoff games...McBaby went MIA.

As somebody who has played on high level teams this isn't anything abnormal. He's trying to hold players accountable. 

Also keep in mind that entire team rests on his shoulders, his legacy rests on him winning a cup and other factors. Should he be more encouraging? Probably. But they did come back in that series and were only a goal away from a cup. 

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

As somebody who has played on high level teams this isn't anything abnormal. He's trying to hold players accountable. 

Also keep in mind that entire team rests on his shoulders, his legacy rests on him winning a cup and other factors. Should he be more encouraging? Probably. But they did come back in that series and were only a goal away from a cup. 

But close doesn't count. At least that's what they told us.

It was a bit different than holding players accountable though. He unravelled...and that's not a good sign. Desperation. I mean, he gets away with so much out there and if he can't get it done that's on him as much as (more than) anyone else. Yes, that's a lot of pressure and the bar is set high but that comes with bragging rights and all the other stuff that he enjoys.

I know it's not abnormal for guys to show emotion...but his outburst was over the top. It was more like he was blaming others in the accountability department.

They did come back but he wasn't a big difference maker. Not as much as he likely should have been.

28 minutes ago, Alflives said:

McWhiner Baby has his yelling and screaming episode at his teammates. And then in their biggest game (game seven) he does nothing. He looks like an idiot. Who is he, and what has he won, to yell and scream at his teammates? 

He's the boss of them.

5-3 Canucks win.

Go Canucks Go!!!!!

• Cheers 1

I wish I could watch both the Canucks and the Lions games at the same time.... I can't do picture in picture on my TV. 

Probably spend the night going back and forth, etc..etc...

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Nailed it. Some of the guys on that team must feel like they are walking on egg shells. Meanwhile, the Panthers were preaching “enjoy the moment”, even after they lost three straight. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RWMc1 said:

He's the boss of them.

5-3 Canucks win.

Go Canucks Go!!!!!

Yep, that's part of the problem. He's on a pedestal (along with his sidekick). 

When the team fails they should be the first in line for the tongue lashings. Time to do a self check before slinging mud all over the room.

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

I wish I could watch both the Canucks and the Lions games at the same time.... I can't do picture in picture on my TV. 

Probably spend the night going back and forth, etc..etc...

Back in the day I had a really great PIP TV.

Why the hell can't we have that anymore? It was perfect.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

This is too funny. 
F McBaby Whiner Coward. F his team. F his city. And especially F his fans.

And mixed intramural junior high dodgeball isn’t “high level” sports. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Technically two goals from a cup, but that’s not the point. That style of leadership is outdated and most people no longer respond well to it. It is terrifying to think how good that team could be if their leadership ever learned how to build the rest of their team up rather than cut them down. Building people up does not mean there is no accountability.

40 minutes ago, Alflives said:

He is an idiot. I recall when the Oil signed Evander Kane and the local media exposed Kane's background. McBaby's comment was "it is what it is". He has zero character, an uneducated. not to mention insensitive idiot.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Sorry you couldn’t go to the game Deb! Hopefully they win one on TV for you tonight. Get well soon! Go Canucks Go!

Thanks RNT, it's rough. I HATE missing out on a game, especially when JT's going to finally be in the line up!

Two friends have sent me texts from the rink already. I told them to start the chant early.

• MillerTime 1

9 hours ago, Breadnbutta said:

It's odd that technically the reg season starts today with the devils and Sabres in Prague, but there are still pre season games on..

They should have less pre season and the entire league should be starting today.

There would prob be less league wide injuries too.

Having a staggered start like this makes zero sense. The whole league should start the regular season at the same time. 

• ThereItIs 1