GDT/PGT l Preseason Game 6 l Friday, October 4 l Coilers (boo) @ Canucks (woo) l 7 PM l Sportsnet & 650

-dlc-

1 minute ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Having a staggered start like this makes zero sense. The whole league should start the regular season at the same time. 

It's even weirder consider New Jersey played a preseason game against the Flyers yesterday in North America :frantic:

• chaos 2

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

McWhiner Baby has his yelling and screaming episode at his teammates. And then in their biggest game (game seven) he does nothing. He looks like an idiot. Who is he, and what has he won, to yell and scream at his teammates? 

I did some digging and found an interesting factoid: In the four games Edmonton lost in the Final, McDavid's ice times were 25:19, 25:59, 25:14 and 25:20. In those games he scored 0 goals and 3 assists. In the three games Edmonton won, his ice times were 17:27, 20:47 and 18:25. In those games he scored 3 goals and 5 assists. Conclusion: The more minutes McDavid played in the Final, the less effective he was and the team suffered. 

Edit: Draisaitl was even worse in terms of production. In the four games Edmonton lost, Drai's ice times were 23:14, 23:11, 24:00 and 22.22. In the 3 games Edmonton won, his times were 17:47, 22:19 and 16:40. In seven games, Draisaitl put up two assists. Maybe playing your two best players from 23 to 26 minutes doesn't work over a long series.

Edited by Curmudgeon
  • Vintage 3
  • ThereItIs 1

Been sitting in my car for the last hour drinking beer.

Note: I don’t drink and drive, never have never will, cancelled XM today and radio won’t work, found out I had to buy a 64 go flash drive, spend 2 hours downloading an update on my computer then uploaded it to my car. After the last hour in my car making the update happy seems it’ll be at least another 3 hours till it’s done so I’ll go check on it after the game. 

Boy do I miss non computerized cars.