(Trade) Canucks trade Poolman

6 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

Tampa, vegas, etc. I'm sure there is more.

I never really understood it until recently when all this moving poolmans contract talk started.

It's not a loophole, it's completely legal.

So I'm not even mad at Vegas or Tampa or whoever had done so in the past, it's legal.

I'm glad we have a competent management who is making the moves to make us the best we can be. And Vegas and Tampa are good models

Legal doesn't make it ethical. 

Vegas I can be fine with cause their lineup on the ice was cap compliant more of less through the playoffs. 

That is my grivience, just make the lineup a team ice during the playoffs cap compliant. 

• Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We get a Swedish puck moving Dman who can play on the 3rd pairing with Desharnais.  We get rid of Poolman's contract so we don't have to go into LTIR this season.  And we gain over $2 million in cap space that can accrue over the next 6 months so we can make a big trade at the deadline for a cup run.

All of this cost us a 4th round pick...

In Allvin we trust...

Except they need forbort as 3LHD for the pk.  

I'm not sure they don't just flip him.  Where is there a spot for him?

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Except they need forbort as 3LHD for the pk.  

I'm not sure they don't just flip him.  Where is there a spot for him?

He’ll start in Abby.

Good to have a puck mover in the system just in case. We have enough stay at home guys.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

11 minutes ago, 24K said:

Legal doesn't make it ethical. 

Vegas I can be fine with cause their lineup on the ice was cap compliant more of less through the playoffs. 

That is my grivience, just make the lineup a team ice during the playoffs cap compliant. 

There is no salary cap in the playoffs so pretty much any team is cap compliant 

I miss the days of Gillis and Gillman mucking it up. I know we ended up with the Luongo rule recapture penalty which was bs but whatever.

Whatever it takes to ice the best team possible.

If I'm in a street fight, I'll fight dirty if I need to, to win.

It's all about winning at all costs.

That's why players like Marchand, tkachuk, etc are so successful. Whatever it takes and if it starts at management it will trickle on through the coaching staff and onto the ice.

No more country club. This is JR, Chef Pat and Tocchet hockey.

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Jaimito said:

That's why I'm optimistic this is finally the core that will win a cup in their window.  

Yes I have to agree... everything seems to be well planned... I am definitely optimistic about the way forward...

While it remains to be seen, last year we got done in 7 games v the cup finalists... and I think we are strong this year... We are definitely moving towards it...

Bring it home....

2 minutes ago, JamesB said:

Primarily just trading a 4th round pick to clear cap space and allow the team to operate out of LTIR this season.

Brannstrom was a first round pick based on skating and puck-moving ability but he never developed into a legitimate "offensive defenceman" at the NHL level. He is small, soft, and is so-so defensively. And any NHL team that wants him (including Colorado) can pick him up off waivers.

Not sure exactly why he was included in the trade. Colorado would probably have put him on waivers so by trading him they free up a contract slot and save some money (just cash). Or maybe the Canucks wanted him, hoping he would clear waivers and be a potential injury back-up.

But it is not like the Canucks are short of LHDs in Abby. They have Wolanin, Brisebois, D-Petey, Hirose, and Kuds already.

That's what I think.  I'm not so sure we'll ever see him in a Canucks uni

• Jess featured and pinned this topic
17 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Because they will certainly be operating in LTIR this season.  So just gives them an extra $2 million in LTIR room...

I was assuming a combination of they would need the LTI help and didn't want to risk losing Brannstrom on waivers for nothing.

But it's a good move for the cap space and hopefully we don't lose Brannstrom on waivers.

• Cheers 1