(Trade) Canucks trade Poolman

Tidy piece of business.  Gives Tocchet some options if we're playing a team where puck movers are needed more than size.  I'd be surprised if he cracks the top 6 regularly.  But we needed something that can move the puck if Hughes went down for a little bit of time.  Not that you can ever replace Hughes, but you can try to get at least some puck moving replacement there.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Hope he meshes well with Hronek, so the team can cover more game time;  with a stellar d man on the ice, for 44-48 minutes per game.

Who plays with Hughes then? The right side is weak after Hronek.

I like Myers but he can't play top pair minutes. He's most effective with his ice time managed.

Plus him and Soucy have been great together. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

Who plays with Hughes then? The right side is weak after Hronek.

I like Myers but he can't play top pair minutes. He's most effective with his ice time managed.

Plus him and Soucy have been great together. 

Desharnias can have a try, or maybe try Hughes on the right side again.

mainly I'd like to have 1 of the 2 best d men on the ice for more game time.

A super pair is nice, but I'm a fan of having more ice time covered, by quality players.

also- it maybe possible to alternate the r side d man  playing with Hughes so it isn't always Myers. Myers gets the extra time one game, Desharnias the next and occasionally the extra time goes to the 3rd guy.

Perhaps P.A. and Mr. Rutherford find a suitable right side d man before too long.

Just now, The Big D said:

I’m still pissed at Juulsen for costing the Canucks that playoff game against the Oilers by being a moron and skating out of position to make a hit in the final minute when we were tied!

Hes ok sometimes but we have bigger guys that can play ahead of him and I just see it too often him going to hit someone and going way out of position 

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, The Big D said:

I’m still pissed at Juulsen for costing the Canucks that playoff game against the Oilers by being a moron and skating out of position to make a hit in the final minute when we were tied!

I remember this. The was moronic. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Gurn said:

Desharnias can have a try, or maybe try Hughes on the right side again.

mainly I'd like to have 1 of the 2 best d men on the ice for more game time.

A super pair is nice, but I'm a fan of having more ice time covered, by quality players.

also- it maybe possible to alternate the r side d man  playing with Hughes so it isn't always Myers. Myers gets the extra time one game, Desharnias the next and occasionally the extra time goes to the 3rd guy.

Perhaps P.A. and Mr. Rutherford find a suitable right side d man before too long.

Desharnais is still kinda young, younger than Myers anyway, maybe the project plan for him was to mold him into a top pair stay at home to let Quinny do his thing. A big young Tanev, one can hope, he was a huge part of the oilers pk last post season.

• Upvote 1