(Trade) Canucks trade Poolman

1 minute ago, BigTramFan said:

This is exactly the trade we needed to make. 

Now able to accrue cap space and replaced Poolman's dead cap with a potential contributor.

Bravo!

How much cap space?

If my math is right, it should be over 5 million in cap space at the trade deadline, as it says we currently have 1.2 million in cap space.

2 minutes ago, J-23 said:

How much cap space?

If my math is right, it should be over 5 million in cap space at the trade deadline, as it says we currently have 1.2 million in cap space.

We have $1.2 million with 24 players including Joshua who is on IR.  We just waived Brannstrom so our cap space will be just over $2 million if he is picked up or clears and sent down to Abby...

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So I guess Brannstrom was just fodder to get rid of Poolman.  If he clears waivers he will be sent down to Abby.  I'm assuming we are going with Juulsen and Friedman as our 7/8 Dmen...

He clears and he will be first call up. Maybe he gets in once Forbort gets injured

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

LET THEM COOK!!! Under Benning I was terrified ever time I saw a trade. But man, Allvin just keeps impressing me. Except for trading Podkolzin, that made me sad.

Yeah Podz was a bummer but at least we got a pick for him. I think with all the depth on the wings we signed this year, management knew Podz would be hard pressed to make the team and then he would be picked up for free when we tried to send him down to the A. I could be wrong though 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Yeah, hopefully he clears so he can be our first call up.  I'm not high on Hirose or Wolanin to be honest.  I don't think either one is an NHL player.  D-Petey needs at least one full year in Abby as well...

Exactly. And I’m not 100% sold on Forbort playing a full season, he’s old and slow. But I do like his truculence 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, J-23 said:

How much cap space?

And then at that point we can load up on ltir, put demko or Joshua on, hopefully they are healthy but I'm sure we will have some extensive injuries, every team does 

Then load up, and magically everyone is healthy come the first round.

If Vegas can do it why cant we

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We have $1.2 million with 24 players including Joshua who is on IR.  We just waived Brannstrom so our cap space will be just over $2 million if he is picked up or clears and sent down to Abby...

Missed that.

That just means we will have a lot of cap space to work with at the trade deadline. Insane.

• Cheers 2

Just now, Breadnbutta said:

And then at that point we can load up on ltir, put demko or Joshua on, hopefully they are healthy but I'm sure we will have some extensive injuries, every team does 

Then load up, and magically everyone is healthy come the first round.

If Vegas can do it why cant we

I don’t want to do any thing Vegas does, F that Franchise 

• Cheers 2

Just now, Devron said:

I don’t want to do any thing Vegas does, F that Franchise 

Tampa, vegas, etc. I'm sure there is more.

I never really understood it until recently when all this moving poolmans contract talk started.

It's not a loophole, it's completely legal.

So I'm not even mad at Vegas or Tampa or whoever had done so in the past, it's legal.

I'm glad we have a competent management who is making the moves to make us the best we can be. And Vegas and Tampa are good models

• Thanks 1

It's good to have Poolman (mostly) off the books. And potentially an extra defenseman never hurts, especially knowing how Canucks defence have traditionally run into injuries in the past. Depth is key, and we're loading up with it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

Tampa, vegas, etc. I'm sure there is more.

I never really understood it until recently when all this moving poolmans contract talk started.

It's not a loophole, it's completely legal.

So I'm not even mad at Vegas or Tampa or whoever had done so in the past, it's legal.

I'm glad we have a competent management who is making the moves to make us the best we can be. And Vegas and Tampa are good models

Nah fuk Vegas

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1