(Trade) Canucks trade Poolman

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Brannstrom is on a one way contract, so by trading him Colorado gets his contract off the books.  If they would have waived him and he wasn't picked up, then they would have had to pay him $900k to play in the minors.  Allvin took the contract because it could be fully buried in the minors while shedding $2 million of Poolman's contract off the books so they could free up $2 million in cap space...

So pretty much Pods, who wasn’t going to make our club and would very likely get picked off waivers, to dumperoo 2 million in cap? Seems like smart work done by Allvin and company. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

So pretty much Pods, who wasn’t going to make our club and would very likely get picked off waivers, to dumperoo 2 million in cap? Seems like smart work done by Allvin and company. 

By Podz could be good 3 rd line in 2023.What about future?

14 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

yah.... that's what Bowman said.  No, not at all costs.  Selling your soul to the devil to win, is wrong and isn't worth it.  Bowman and Co shouldn't even be working in the NHL right now.  

Lol we are talking contracts and ltir maximization......

Not sexual assault cover ups. That's not even remotely what I was talking about but ok.... 

1 hour ago, CactusJack said:

I remember this. The was moronic. 

It's also a learning experience.   About the only thing Juulsen needs to clean up in his game is learning when to, and when to thorough his weight around which also happens to be a big part of what he brings to the game.   Other players make bone headed plays, and nothing is made of it.  Sure if it becomes a pattern then that's a problem.  I'm sure he remember's and won't do it again.  

Some teams he'd be a good depth option for, others not as much.   And we need a balance.   

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

Just now, RakuRaku said:

Does anyone feel Brannstrom is actually good enough to be our 7/8th D-man???

right now no.  he’s a project but a long shot.  Friedman is more reliable as it stands

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RakuRaku said:

Does anyone feel Brannstrom is actually good enough to be our 7/8th D-man???

Definitely not. Current management and coaches prefer huge guys in our bottom pairings. They now a smaller guy in that role needs to be an exceptionally good player. It’s why we traded Bustowitz. There’s no place for that kind of guy on our club. 

• Cheers 4

1 minute ago, Goose said:

right now no.  he’s a project but a long shot.  Friedman is more reliable as it stands

But he's mobile and scored 20 points and with +5!! Well I'm sure he'll get called up sooner or later 

• Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, Goose said:

Difference is Brannstrom has already covered that job for a couple years and done a decent job.    His skill set is carrying the puck out and crips outlet passes.    Something that probably will be useful with Desharnais around.     Teams need balance, and we just added a younger guy to work with our coaching staff, no he's not top four but he's a legit NHL third pairing guy too.   Has a good pedigree too.    Not bad.  

• Cheers 3

Just now, Breadnbutta said:

Hopefully he clears, whether he does or doesn't. Abby is gonna be stacked this year.

I think Brannstrom is the same age as Hirose. They can fight it out in the minors to prove who’s up next. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, IBatch said:

Difference is Brannstrom has already covered that job for a couple years and done a decent job.    His skill set is carrying the puck out and crips outlet passes.    Something that probably will be useful with Desharnais around.     Teams need balance, and we just added a younger guy to work with our coaching staff, no he's not top four but he's a legit NHL third pairing guy too.   Has a good pedigree too.    Not bad.  

We immediately put him on waivers. Furry fingers crossed he clears so he can get a shot here to prove himself. 

6 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Im all for trying to develop his game, if he clears.  

In OTT he would shy away from the opposing forecheck.  That wont fly w Foote/Tocchett.  

As it stands, Friedman is more dependable, but RH.  I think trying to acquire an NHL ready Dman if they want to tweak the pairings is still on the table.

• Upvote 1

What the...so essentially we gave up a 4th to get rid of 80% of Poolman's contract. Not saying 4th isn't worth anything (we got Alriksson with a 4th), but I don't mind this at all.

Not sure if anyone answered this already but why does Ave do this?  I guess they have to use LTIR and remove a contract to clear cap space for Landeskog and Nichushkin to come back?