(Trade) Canucks trade Poolman

16 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Bottom 6 really lacks size and nastiness other than Sherwood!! Really sucks Blais didn't work out!!

Yes, but lots of speed, skill and playmaking ability. Plus our huge Dmen will assist in the nastiness dept.

Also Joshua will bring a lot when he returns. Reunite the Joshua-Blueger-Garland line.

And have Hoglander-Suter-Sherwood feasting on low level competition

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

So what happens when Demko comes back? 

Run 3 goalies, 

Tolopio and Patera in AHL, 

if they dont than Silvos is waivers exempt. SO Demko, Lehkonen NHL, Tolopio and Silvos in AHL. 

In all honesty on home games they can have Silvos play in AHL than go on the road with the big club. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Didn’t we acquire a D man though? Not too sure who our boat anchors are in our top six? 

My guess is he's talking about the blueline, the anchors being Forbort and Desharnais. Who are indeed lacking in foot speed.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

My guess is he's talking about the blueline, the anchors being Forbort and Desharnais. Who are indeed lacking in foot speed.

IMHAO Forbert and Deharnais (this guy actually has quick feet) are liked by our management and coaches. They seemingly prefer huge guys in those roles. If Barnstrom can push out one of those guys he’s playing really really good. And that’s a big win for us. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, The Big D said:

I’m still pissed at Juulsen for costing the Canucks that playoff game against the Oilers by being a moron and skating out of position to make a hit in the final minute when we were tied!

I'm also pissed Myers iced the puck allowing Cody Ceci the opportunity to pretend he could hit the net on a one timer.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Alflives said:

IMHAO Forbert and Deharnais (this guy actually has quick feet) are liked by our management and coaches. They seemingly prefer huge guys in those roles. If Barnstrom can push out one of those guys he’s playing really really good. And that’s a big win for us. 

I see the upside. Much like Myers they have long sticks. So they can disrupt a rush before it even starts. The downside is, if they poke and miss. Well, Silovs and Demko are going to have to stand tall. Another issue is we are really, REALLY hinging all our blueline puck moving hopes on 2 players who play on the same pair. So we have Soucy/Myers and Forbort/Desharnais as 2 pairings, just really limits offence from the defence, at least imo. We'll see, I think we're pivoting to a much heavier defensive style. So we might see fewer 90+ point players but a much tighter defensive team.

• Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Bottom 6 really lacks size and nastiness other than Sherwood!! Really sucks Blais didn't work out!!

I'm still hoping Blais can get himself back into game form, get called up, clear waivers, then give us that extra bit of size and nastiness in the bottom 6 that we could really use (particularly in the playoffs).

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, CaptainCanuck12 said:

I'm still hoping Blais can get himself back into game form, get called up, clear waivers, then give us that extra bit of size and nastiness in the bottom 6 that we could really use (particularly in the playoffs).

I don’t think guys need to clear waivers coming up anymore. Did we even give him an nhl contract? I think he’s only got an AHL deal with Abby. 

Edited by Alflives
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, CaptainCanuck12 said:

It would be nice to see this organization have a little toughness… especially with what we’ve seen from eastern teams in the pre-season 

6 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

I see the upside. Much like Myers they have long sticks. So they can disrupt a rush before it even starts. The downside is, if they poke and miss. Well, Silovs and Demko are going to have to stand tall. Another issue is we are really, REALLY hinging all our blueline puck moving hopes on 2 players who play on the same pair. So we have Soucy/Myers and Forbort/Desharnais as 2 pairings, just really limits offence from the defence, at least imo. We'll see, I think we're pivoting to a much heavier defensive style. So we might see fewer 90+ point players but a much tighter defensive team.

Myers and Soucy are both a bit underrated offensively. Myers had almost 30 points last year and has 4 30+ point seasons. Soucy had 5 points in 12 playoff games and has a 10 goal season under his belt. 

Forbort and Desharnais are both very bad offensively. I much prefer Brannstrom over Forbort with Forbort as a Soucy replacement as he gets injured all the time