[Extension] Canucks extend Hoglander

Great deal! I’m so glad to see hogs develop in to the player he is now. It’s a hard thing to accomplish. Look at all the prospects we have had over the years who haven’t been able to crack the NHL.

Does this deal come into effect in the 25/26 Season?

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Task said:

Great deal! I’m so glad to see hogs develop in to the player he is now. It’s a hard thing to accomplish. Look at all the prospects we have had over the years who haven’t been able to crack the NHL.

Does this deal come into effect in the 25/26 Season?

yes it does

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Trying to get the good stuff out of the way before the Canadians in the front office fall asleep from turkey-induced food coma that's going to be inevitable when Thanksgiving rolls around next weekend. :classic_ninja:

Haha, forgot how early Thanksgiving is in Canada already.  

• Cheers 1

Great deal especially if he can keep up from last season but it really comes down to can he do this in a bottom 6 role. Between spong suter heinan pdg and whoever else there’s I don’t think he beats out any of them in the top 6

2 hours ago, Viking said:

hopefully he gets top 6 mins otherwise its a waste for him to be on 4th line, especially at 3m next year.

Hog>>Heinen. Heinen 3rd line at best imo

Hogs and Heinen were 50th and 51st for LW pts per game last year.  Heinen had .49 ppg and Hogs .45.  Both had good +/- and had almost exclusively even strength pts.

While Hogs likely has more ceiling, they are both legit options for the top 6.

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Joshua will be on the 3rd line when he returns. Höglander will play up and down the lineup. Could also take Garland’s spot next season. Not sure we are going to extend Garland. He’s an expensive luxury on the 3rd line. 

Love Garland but he is a luxury. I'd like to see how the bottom 6 performs this year but I could totally see Garland traded this off season and Lekkermaki taking his spot

• Cheers 2