[Waivers] October 1st, 2023

33 minutes ago, Captain insano said:

I really like Phillip Myers game I think there is much more to it, he just needs to calm down a bit, not very big on waiver wire sloppy seconds this time of year but with our current rhd situation I wouldn’t hate aquiring him 

He's had a bottom five xGF% in the entire NHL this preseason.

Hard pass for me. That ship sailed last year when he was on the waiver wire! Plus his cap hit is too high (1.4M).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

If it's a stay at home defenceman, doesn't get points but is defensively responsible. I'm all for it.

I don’t really know much about P Myers but given how Johannsen, Woo and Juulsen didn’t look great I could see management take a chance.

If they can fit him under the cap, that is.  He’s making 1.4 this year.

26 minutes ago, Quantum said:

Hayden Hodgson would be an interesting pickup if the team wants added toughness. He was the one who laid out that giant hit on Mark Stone.

If the Canucks claim anyone, it’ll likely be a RD.

That is a need on the defense. More physical play. 

42 minutes ago, Huggy Bear said:

Thoughts on Moverare or Maltsev?

We already have Podkolzin in the AHL as well as Klimovich. Kravtsov is still a Canuck. So not sure where Maltsev would fit in. Just another body to be honest. 

Moverare is interesting. Swedish player so I like him. But he’s a LHD and we really need some righties. D-Petey is the LHD that’s gonna come in and blow everyone’s mind. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We already have Podkolzin in the AHL as well as Klimovich. Kravtsov is still a Canuck. So not sure where Maltsev would fit in. Just another body to be honest. 

Moverare is interesting. Swedish player so I like him. But he’s a LHD and we really need some righties. D-Petey is the LHD that’s gonna come in and blow everyone’s mind. 

That would be amazing, but he gets projected as a 3rd pair D in the NHL, any new developments with him?