PTSC 2024-25: Game #1 CGY @ VAN Oct 9 2024

Goalie29

On 10/7/2024 at 8:13 AM, Goalie29 said:

We are back!  Welcome to the (at least) 7th annual Predict The Score Challenge.

The challenge is simple.  For each Canucks game I will post a thread.  You predict the game winner, the final score of the game and who scores the game winning goal.  I will keep a running tally of the points through the entire season.  This will continue until the final game of the regular season, or until the Canucks are eliminated from the playoffs, or until the Canucks win the Stanley Cup, whichever comes last.  No betting is allowed.  Only bragging rights are on the line.  No prizes.

Here are how the points work:

• If you get just the winning team correct, that's one point.
  • If you get the final score correct, but the winning team wrong, that's one point.
  • If you get both the winning team and the final score correct, that's three points.
  • If you correctly predict the game winning goal scorer, that's one point.

Note - As the NHL does not count shootout goals as game winning goals, neither do I.  However, if instead of picking a GWG scorer, you correctly predict that the game will end in a shoot-out, that's one point.

• If you get everything correct, you get a bonus point for a total of 5 points.  Points will increase after 28 games and 56 games.
  • On occasion I will post bonus questions.  These will generally be of the 50/50 variety so the odds of predicting it right are pretty good.  These will be worth 1 point.

All predictions MUST be posted before the drop of the puck or they will not be counted.  Also, do not edit your post after the puck has been dropped.  If you post or edit after puck drop, it will not be counted.  And, only one prediction per game.  If you accidentally post more than one prediction (it happens) I will only count the first one.

I will post the leaderboard of everyone that has earned at least one point, in the following game's thread.  In the event of an error (it happens every year), please fire me a DM.  I keep very thorough records and am happy to correct any mistake I make.

Banter about predictions is fine, but please keep game discussions to the applicable GDT.

Congrats to previous winners:

2018-19 @Roberts & @RogersTowell
2019-20 Covid interrupted season  @FijianCanuck 
2020 Covid Bubble Playoffs  @Chickenspear
2020-21 @FijianCanuck
2021-22 @Vintage Canuck

2022-23 @Vintage Canuck
2023-24 @Ballisticsports

Let's get started.

Predict The Score Contest:  CGY @ VAN Oct 9th 2024, 7:00 PDT

image.png.66330ae8219f31da473379fc97dfba16.png

Predict the winner, the score and the Game Winning Goal. (1pt each for individual predictions or 5pts for all three)

Bonus question - Who scores the first Canuck goal of the season? (1pt)

My predictions:

Canucks win 5 - 2.

Hoglander with the GWG

Boeser with the first Canucks goal

Good luck, and Go Canucks Go!  

:towel:

Excited to get in on game 1 this year, thanks so much for the effort and idea!!

• Cheers 1

Here we go with PTSC for another season. Lost in OT to ballisticsports last year. I have been working hard in the off season lol. Thank you Goalie29 for giving your time to this. 

it’s all about beating you Spook007. 

3 2 Canucks

Garland GWG

Debrusk first goal

go Canucks 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Blaze04 said:

Here we go with PTSC for another season. Lost in OT to ballisticsports last year. I have been working hard in the off season lol. Thank you Goalie29 for giving your time to this. 

it’s all about beating you Spook007. 

3 2 Canucks

Garland GWG

Debrusk first goal

go Canucks 

You're on amigo 😂

Star Wars Game GIF by Xbox