[GDT] | Season Opener | Wednesday, October 9th | Calgary @ Vancouver | 7pt/10et | SNP, SN1, SN650 | Rogers Arena, Vancouver BC |

Chickenspear

Go Canucks Go!!!

our forward depth is insane, but I worry about our d depth. Soucy was quite fragile last season, and we’re one injury away from Forbert being top 4. I could see PA searching for an upgrade on the left side to push Forbert to 7.

as for tonight, I’m guessing a 4-1 win, with Hughes, Petey, Boeser, and Sprong potting the goals for us.

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, Petey the Puck Whisperer said:

anyone else bored with calgary / oilers as every single seasons opener/closer? Whoever makes the schedules sucks.

Agreed.  Would be nice to have Seattle as our opener.  Time to make this a tradition.  If Montreal and Toronto opens their season on this match-up, why couldn't we get Seattle as our match-up?  Got tired to seeing any Albertan teams every year for our opener.  

1 minute ago, coolboarder said:

Agreed.  Would be nice to have Seattle as our opener.  Time to make this a tradition.  If Montreal and Toronto opens their season on this match-up, why couldn't we get Seattle as our match-up?  Got tired to seeing any Albertan teams every year for our opener.  

I think cuz they wanted Canada vs Canada 

14 minutes ago, PeteyBoeser said:

I think cuz they wanted Canada vs Canada 

And we are historical rivals. However lately it's always been of the three teams Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, one always seems to be in a down cycle. 

this is going to be one loooooonnnnngggg day waiting for the puck to drop.

it's the only time being retired sucks....waiting for the game to start. 

• ThereItIs 1

3 hours ago, NHL Tyranny said:

Cut the guy some slack. He's young, still learning, and on a cheap contract. You must love Myers...

I wasn't giving him shit, I was merely mentioning his standout flaw.

2 hours ago, Mikeyman109 said:

Ready for the real deal tonight. Set the tone early, If the Flames want to get into penalty trouble let them we will finish them on the Power play. 

Debusk in the old Horvat spot on the PP and he might get 40 there. 

Sprong adds some creativity there with the speed.

I will be watching how Desharnais Holds up on the back end. 

not too many question marks in this lineup they just need to go out there and show it. GCG!!!! 4-1 for the good guys

Yah gotta set the tone.... 😃

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

15 hours ago, Devron said:

I thought Friedman out played Juulsen in the preseason 

Juulsen would be claimed for sure, Freidman will probably get through.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1