[GDT] | Season Opener | Wednesday, October 9th | Calgary @ Vancouver | 7pt/10et | SNP, SN1, SN650 | Rogers Arena, Vancouver BC |

Chickenspear

2 minutes ago, TheBearded1 said:

who's like, Kevin Rooney?

The sad part is it's probably his chance to play in the NHL and hold a roster spot and that's been taken away indefinitely. 

Hopefully he makes a full healthy recovery and gets a good shot again.

Edit: holy hell he's been in the league a while! Nevermind hahahaha

Edited by MikeyD
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Ah he's all jacked up for opening night.

He is less likely to get injured fighting than he is getting run from behind.

The fight settled the issue hopefully. I don't think he should have had to fight, but it's better than waiting to take a dirty hit.

Unfortunately you're probably right. If it was in any way a dirty hit  I wouldn't have questioned him having to go at it. At first he was with me I think he was gonna try to avoid it.

8 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Boeser gonna have a career year during a contract year, dude gon get paid 

It's fine if it's back to back years though. 40 last year and another 35-40 this year. Dude revolutionized his game. One of those goals tonight came from him chasing down a puck and winning a 50/50 battle. I would be so sad to see him go, but he also deserves to get paid. Especially if he replicates last year's production.

1 minute ago, JeremyCuddles said:

It's fine if it's back to back years though. 40 last year and another 35-40 this year. Dude revolutionized his game. One of those goals tonight came from him chasing down a puck and winning a 50/50 battle. I would be so sad to see him go, but he also deserves to get paid. Especially if he replicates last year's production.

I've no issue paying him 8-8.5M, I'd rather him stick around 

One franchise players are uncommon, it'd be neat if he was one of them 

• Cheers 2