[Waivers] October 8th

6 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Friedman (Elliotte) continues to use silly VCR abbreviation for Vancouver instead of commonly used VAN despite numerous comments by fans ridiculing him, he is quite stubborn in that regard... 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

Friedman (Elliotte) continues to use silly VCR abbreviation for Vancouver instead of commonly used VAN despite numerous comments by fans ridiculing him, he is quite stubborn in that regard... 

We are VCR

Even ridicule is engagement 

• Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

and probably still uses, and thinks 8 tracks are the greatest

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

That is goofy. But I like Frieds, he's actually one of the pundits that pays some respect to Canucks and their fanbase

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Ballisticsports said:

and probably still uses, and thinks 8 tracks are the greatest

Any time someone mentions 8 tracks, I think of my Step Brother's 1968 Cougar, I think he wore out Breakfast In America and Pablo Cruise. 8 Track may not have been great but that Mercury Cougar was. 

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Like 3
  • ThereItIs 1

Mark Friedman was drafted with a pick that originally belonged to Boston... They currently have one extra roster spot and a number of players that could be swapped out...

Therefore this is now Cam Neely seeing 

another Canuck in M.Friedman hit the waiver wire

Season 3 Mouse GIF by Portlandia

8 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

but that Mercury Cougar was.

nicest looking car I ever owned was a 67 Cougar.

all black, with most of the shiny trim removed. No quarter panel reflectors made a major difference.

That was back when you could still, occasionally, drive it like it was meant to.

Long, high speed, highway runs; listening to the bored out 289 purr down the road.

Now you get tossed in jail and car confiscated, trying to do what was done almost every Friday/Saturday night.

• Like 3
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

Or old guy with gif

Or old ladies with cropped screenshots of instagram posts because this gramma hasn’t figured out how to share instagram posts like other people can do with twitter; and this gramma isn’t on twitter (and still calls it twitter) 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Or Brannstrom coming up?  Hard to read this one.

They did float the idea of 3 goalies earlier. Maybe that’s still in the plans.

Carry 13 forwards, 7 defenders, and 3 goalies?

13 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Or old ladies with cropped screenshots of instagram posts because this gramma hasn’t figured out how to share instagram posts like other people can do with twitter; and this gramma isn’t on twitter (and still calls it twitter) 🙂

I still call it Twitter too

• Like 1