[Waivers] October 8th

Just now, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Could see that when Demko gets back.  But now? 

Hide contents

I dunno good time to slip a guy through waivers. Plus you gain extra cap space.

Dreger reported that Demko could be back as soon as three weeks.

Carry 7 D in the meantime and call up someone from the farm if you need them?

Imagine how fresh Demko would be if he only played home games for the first little bit?

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

My Mopar buddy thinks I'm odd that I love the 289 so much. 

An awesome blend of high performance, and fuel economy.

I had an Edelbrock RPM Performer intake, screwed in rocker studs, dual point distributer, Holley 600 carb, with forged aluminum pistons.

Throw in a stage 2 shift kit and 3.5 gears.

Shift out of low at near 50 miles an hour, and the back tires would chirp.

Tire salesmen loved me- for awhile anyway.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I dunno good time to slip a guy through waivers. Plus you gain extra cap space.

Dreger reported that Demko could be back as soon as three weeks.

Carry 7 D in the meantime and call up someone from the farm if you need them?

Imagine how fresh Demko would be if he only played home games for the first little bit?

Yeah, easing Demko in like that makes plenty of sense.  The more I think about it, the more likely a cap space motive seems. 

1 hour ago, Rekker said:

I have a 67 Mustang, love my car.

post a pic if you dont mind... love the old Mustangs!!! My dad had a 1964 1/2 but sold it to help buy the families 1st home in the early 90s...it was a candy apple red colour

2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Any time someone mentions 8 tracks, I think of my Step Brother's 1968 Cougar, I think he wore out Breakfast In America and Pablo Cruise. 8 Track may not have been great but that Mercury Cougar was. 

I have a preference for the Ford Pinto...

🥸

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Viking said:

post a pic if you dont mind... love the old Mustangs!!! My dad had a 1964 1/2 but sold it to help buy the families 1st home in the early 90s...it was a candy apple red colour

My pride and joy was my 72 Elan +2S.  Had to sell it in '77 when I moved to Canada.  Was a crappy AMX Javelin that replaced it 

Blossom.thumb.jpg.b0dd5a8c6947a57ef77aabb925c942c9.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, NM777 said:

Mark Friedman was drafted with a pick that originally belonged to Boston... They currently have one extra roster spot and a number of players that could be swapped out...

Therefore this is now Cam Neely seeing 

another Canuck in M.Friedman hit the waiver wire

Season 3 Mouse GIF by Portlandia

How come you used a picture of Marchand??

• Haha 4

32 minutes ago, Viking said:

She's red as well.

Screenshot_20240928_175708_Gallery.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Rekker said:

I have a 67 Mustang, love my car.

Awesome,my dad had a 65 Ford Comet Caliente with the mustang cobra engine.Quarter mile he would beat everything on the road until 1970 they put chips in cars.

Reason was it was a smaller car weighing less which made it faster.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

31 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

My Dad had a 1957 TR3. He sold it when my Mom was pregnant with my brother. I said to him. Dad, you should have kept the TR3, we'd walk or take the bus. 🙂

Remember When Rolls-Royce announced an SUV, the world braced itself. We figured it might be a bit dull and derivative like the Bentley Bentayga , but no one was prepared for the assault on the ocular senses with which Rolls-Royce presented us. It's a monstrosity, with every poor Rolls-Royce styling cliché grafted onto a body that likely came from a box stamped "Contents: One Big Generic-Looking SUV. " Top Gear host Chris Harris famously said it looks like a Chinese knock-off of a Rolls Royce, and we can't come up with a better assessment. (Note: the Richmond style "Wing" on the back - all ready for trips down No. #3  Road !)

Rolls-Royce Cullinan SUV Prototype Shown Testing

• ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

I'm a 90's kid, and I can tell you that I had that exact same Sony VHS. 😍

I still have like 3 VHS players and tube TVs..Pioneer dual tape deck and don't no one touch my Technics 1200 records players!!! They were the best times.

2 hours ago, Gurn said:

An awesome blend of high performance, and fuel economy.

I had an Edelbrock RPM Performer intake, screwed in rocker studs, dual point distributer, Holley 600 carb, with forged aluminum pistons.

Throw in a stage 2 shift kit and 3.5 gears.

Shift out of low at near 50 miles an hour, and the back tires would chirp.

Tire salesmen loved me- for awhile anyway.

My '67 Cougar had the 289-4 as well. It was painted Starsky and Hutch colors (Red with a white stripe for the young uns...just look it up).

My favorite feature on that car was the 3rd pedal used to pulse the windshield wipers. That little 3rd pedal actually got me out of a ticket. I had a Hurst slap stick shifter (automatic) and did a burn out...accidentally right in front of a cop. When he pulled me over I pointed to the little 3rd pedal and told him my foot slipped off the clutch...he bought it.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1