[Waivers] October 8th

3 hours ago, Canuck You said:

INTRODUCING: THE VANCOUVER VHS !

image.jpeg.23e3b8d17e2747099738f92834282918.jpeg

I still have one of those.  My wedding tape and one trip tto Bermuda is on 2 tapes.  I keep meaning to put them on flashdrive at this place....

Welcome To Recapture Your Memories!

https://recaptureyourmemories.ca/

already did 2 super 8's from 79/80

Does anyone know of a program to make it so I can post it on You Tube?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Gurn said:

nicest looking car I ever owned was a 67 Cougar.

all black, with most of the shiny trim removed. No quarter panel reflectors made a major difference.

That was back when you could still, occasionally, drive it like it was meant to.

Long, high speed, highway runs; listening to the bored out 289 purr down the road.

Now you get tossed in jail and car confiscated, trying to do what was done almost every Friday/Saturday night.

My high school girlfriend had a 67 Cougar in a metallic blue.  Her Dad had owned it from new and passed it down to her.

The lesson now that I have almost teenage girls is to get them a two seater as small as possible.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Provost said:

The lesson now that I have almost teenage girls is to get them a two seater as small as possible.

MG or old Triumph- but don't go with the TR8- way too much engine for  inexperienced drivers and such a tiny car

The old Pontiac Fiero was 2 seater- 4cylinder iirc.

Edited by Gurn
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Gurn said:

MG or old Triumph- but don't go with the TR8- way too much engine for such a tiny car

The old Pontiac Fiero was 2 seater- 4cylinder iirc.

Yes, they all came with the 4cyl, but the 2.8 V6 was an option, and standard on the GT models. I remember driving a new 2008 Fiero GT...the headlight doors popped open consistently at exactly 132mph (~212kph)...scared the brown sauce right outta me...I thought they were gonna pop open and come flying through the windshield.  Instead I bought a barely used 1984 Camaro Z-28 (with the IROC option for that year...before it became it's own model in 85)...that car was rock steady all the way to 150mph (240kph)...easy decision to make.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

My Dad had a 1957 TR3. He sold it when my Mom was pregnant with my brother. I said to him. Dad, you should have kept the TR3, we'd walk or take the bus. 🙂

My dad had a 1972 240Z until a buddy totalled it.

Then he bought a Mustang until my brother was born, at which point he traded it in for a 1979 AMC Pacer.

The coolest car I’ve ever had unfortunately is a 2015 VW Sportwagen in the only year they did the newer body style with a TDI prior to the dieselgate scandal

Edited by nzan

31 minutes ago, ABNuck said:

Yes, they all came with the 4cyl, but the 2.8 V6 was an option, and standard on the GT models. I remember driving a new 2008 Fiero GT...the headlight doors popped open consistently at exactly 132mph (~212kph)...scared the brown sauce right outta me...I thought they were gonna pop open and come flying through the windshield.  Instead I bought a barely used 1984 Camaro Z-28 (with the IROC option for that year...before it became it's own model in 85)...that car was rock steady all the way to 150mph (240kph)...easy decision to make.

I was going considerably slower than that,  about 60 mph with my old Volkswagen Rabbit; when I decided to open the sun roof.

A loud bang, and my buddy and I look backwards to see a now bent piece of metal doing cartwheels in the air behind us.

" Holy ejector seat Batman".

Thought I was going to die, -and when I saw the repair bill, I just about did. 😞

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

I still have one of those.  My wedding tape and one trip tto Bermuda is on 2 tapes.  I keep meaning to put them on flashdrive at this place....

Welcome To Recapture Your Memories!

https://recaptureyourmemories.ca/

already did 2 super 8's from 79/80

Does anyone know of a program to make it so I can post it on You Tube?

I'm pretty heavy in to audio and some video, There are plenty of solutions out there, I purchased a VHS to digital converter , You can find one really cheap ..less then 20$ on Amazon..per example..

https://www.amazon.ca/Coverter-Capture-Digital-Converter-support/dp/B06X42H9VZ?source=ps-sl-shoppingads-lpcontext&ref_=fplfs&smid=A3ENZ260X3A00C&th=1

I have a lot of software but if you're looking for something easy to use and light on your Computer I would go with something like Magix Vegas Pro..Just render your file and upload..Although you need to buy the product their is a limited trial..where you can get things done whiten a certain amount of days..

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/ca/vegas-pro/

• Cheers 1

I understand there are some positive cap related reasons for waiving Friedman but I'm not sure he makes it through. Depth RHD are generally in demand and Friedman had a great pre-season.

17 minutes ago, AK-19 said:

I understand there are some positive cap related reasons for waiving Friedman but I'm not sure he makes it through. Depth RHD are generally in demand and Friedman had a great pre-season.

They were only going to carry 7 dmen so it was Friedman or Juulsen getting sent down.

3 hours ago, AK-19 said:

We would be lucky to not have a team put in a claim for Friedman. Good thing is we have other guys in Abby who can show that they can step up and be that next 7/8 type of guy. (i.e. Brannstrom, McWard, Hirose (when healthy), Wolanin etc.)

21 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

Friedman (Elliotte) continues to use silly VCR abbreviation for Vancouver instead of commonly used VAN despite numerous comments by fans ridiculing him, he is quite stubborn in that regard... 

Same with saying De-Troy-It 

11 minutes ago, Zombieksa said:

I'm very happy we still have Friedman and PDG as depths pieces this season. 

I know some people joke and say who cares if they get claimed?

But depth matters. You’re gonna  want these guys who can play real NHL minutes when injuries hit. You don’t want guys like Wolanin, Woo and Brisebois playing in your top 6 of you can help it.

The fact that we got all our guys through waivers (Patera claimed back) is awesome. I have a feeling they’ll all play roles at some point even if it’s just an extra body.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 4