[PGT] Calgary @ Vancouver

Chickenspear

Petey was doing second half of the season Petey things last night… honestly he needs to get stronger still… something is off with him… DeBrusk looked useless last night…

things don’t look good atm…

I hope this isn’t a step back season… 

management might have to do some magic to improve this team… 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

The penalties were one sided in the 1st. Were they warranted, yes, but one sided. Refs always try to even up penalties. You were guaranteed Cgy would get more opportunities in 2nd or 3rd, and that's what happened. Give Cgy some credit, they totaled regained their composure in 1st intermission.

And Silovs let in some soft goals last night, and was "part" of teh problem they enede up with only one point. Having said that, the team went to sleep, and provided no defense for him nor offense for 38 minutes. Silovs did not cost us the game.

That's your opinion, even if stated like facts.

No "one thing" cost us the game, which is my point, It was a combination of things and Silovs definitely was part of that. Some just would rather write the team off but I'm not willing to do that.

And the refs evening things up is also a problem for me. It gives one team an advantage. So if Calgary got more penalties in the first because they were committing more infractions you should just start ignoring them and leave them be? No.

I know it's how they do it. It's time they stop doing it. 

What bothered me was the lack of response from the team as they saw momentum shifted.

When Kevin Rooney got rocked my JT, Cgy obviously responded and got flustered, but they kept going and chipping away. When Andersson scored the 2-4 goal, it felt like the team went into a trance and just couldn't respond, and were playing on their heels the rest of the way. It was almost like the team was resting on their laurels and thinking their skill would pull them through and forgot the lunchbox mentality they had the previous season.

• Cheers 1

The thing with the goaltending is that I really think that DeSmith didn't get the respect he deserved last year. And he deserved another shot in the post season.  And it seemed Silov's gets a longer leash on his mistakes. But I am excited to see Lankinan Friday.

• Cheers 2

Was at the game, electrifying atmosphere, but obviously disappointing ending. I guess the good news is, we got the point and a lot of the issues that cropped up seem fixable at least. It's the first year of a lot of these guys in Toch's system.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

What bothered me was the lack of response from the team as they saw momentum shifted.

When Kevin Rooney got rocked my JT, Cgy obviously responded and got flustered, but they kept going and chipping away. When Andersson scored the 2-4 goal, it felt like the team went into a trance and just couldn't respond, and were playing on their heels the rest of the way. It was almost like the team was resting on their laurels and thinking their skill would pull them through and forgot the lunchbox mentality they had the previous season.

Ya I stopped watching after CowTown took the lead…

I couldn’t believe it… this team was not prepared at all… they looked so lost out there… 

5 minutes ago, DSVII said:

Was at the game, electrifying atmosphere, but obviously disappointing ending. I guess the good news is, we got the point and a lot of the issues that cropped up seem fixable at least. It's the first year of a lot of these guys in Toch's system.

Exactly! Lots of new people learning Tocc's systems. Last year, most of our new comers had exp with him/ with his system.

I'm pumped for friday. The team showed alot of skill and potential in 1st. Also loved the flashes by newcomers...they just need time to adjust to their linemates. Sherwood, Heinen, Debrusk, and Sprong were noticeable.

• Cheers 1

Flyers playing their season opener vs Nux tomorrow.   

Funny thing is, their home opener next week Sat is vs Nux too.   

Gotta win Fri.  Can't piss the pts away even vs a eastern opponent. 

• Cheers 2

13 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Ya I stopped watching after CowTown took the lead…

I couldn’t believe it… this team was not prepared at all… they looked so lost out there… 

You stopped watching?

Did you see JT's tying goal live?

You are not prepared to be a Nux fan.  Your are still in preseason mode.  Get with the program!

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, DSVII said:

Remember how well the team defended leading after two last yr?  They usually win those.  

The defensive game was poor last night.  

Good to see:

Edited by Jaimito
  • Like 3
  • Cheers 1

Must've been a shot to the ego for the team after the great season they had last year. Opening night at home and watching Huberdeau, Mantha, Pospisil and Klapka take the Win by force.

Are the Canucks still too soft?

I know Petey wants to become a well-rounded player who can play in all situations, but seeing him try to rough up Pospisil against the boards on that one shift, Petey's lucky it didn't turn out bad for him. I wish Petey would focus on and stick to "goal scoring assassin" and just get those crucial goals when they need it. 

Calgary was fueled by the fans chanting "JT Miller" while their guy was out cold on the ice. 

Not sure if they couldn't see what was happening or are actually that fucking ignorant but they can thank themselves in part for that loss. 

Also, Canucks are one of the only teams that refuses to use the preseason exhibition games to get their roster up to speed. We play Abby roster 7/8 games and then WHAM, our NHL roster are stunned fuckin cunts when the regular season starts. Every. Fucking. Year.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

The thing with the goaltending is that I really think that DeSmith didn't get the respect he deserved last year. And he deserved another shot in the post season.  And it seemed Silov's gets a longer leash on his mistakes. But I am excited to see Lankinan Friday.

DeSmith was fantastic as a backup.  He won so many pts for Nux, was well liked by his teammates.  He lost the net in playoffs after his injury and never got it back. 

Kevin will get the W Friday.  

Edited by Jaimito
  • Thanks 1

I think I finally got over the disappointment of seeing them blow a 3 goal lead. Hopefully they come out Friday better prepared.

I thought BB, JdeB and Sprong had decent games up front and Hogs as usual worked hard forechecking, but at the back only Captain Fantastic had a good game and salvaged a point which we maybe didn't deserve.

We might be seeing the real Silovs now. It seemed to me that in the playoffs he was protected by a well organized defence, which ultimately may have cost us as we were too D focused and failed to get enough shots on Skinner who is suspect under pressure. We have to start Lankinen on Friday and see what he can do.

Somewhere down the line Petey seems to have determined that he is the set-up guy and not the sniper. He seems to be constantly looking to pass instead of shoot. I don't know if this was his decision or Toc's but I think he needs to get back to the deadly shot that we all knew and loved 

14 hours ago, Drakrami said:

He hasn't look dominant in 4-5 years now, dunno why people kid themselves. Controlling plays, dictating the game, he did that in his rookie year. 

Yea I agree with you, 90-100+ point seasons last two years, the hell was Alvin thinking. Let’s trade him for Marner, he’s an amazing regular season performer

btw

i dont actually agree with you 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Joshua.Guy said:

Calgary was fueled by the fans chanting "JT Miller" while their guy was out cold on the ice. 

Not sure if they couldn't see what was happening or are actually that fucking ignorant but they can thank themselves in part for that loss. 

Also, Canucks are one of the only teams that refuses to use the preseason exhibition games to get their roster up to speed. We play Abby roster 7/8 games and then WHAM, our NHL roster are stunned fuckin cunts when the regular season starts. Every. Fucking. Year.

Except we stomped the Oilers 8-1 in last seasons opener so there goes that narrative.

• Cheers 3

Just now, DeNiro said:

Except we stomped the Oilers 8-1 in last seasons opener so there goes that narrative.

The only thing consistent is oils losing 8-1 and 6-0 on consecutive season openers.  

• Haha 1