[PGT] Calgary @ Vancouver

Chickenspear

3 minutes ago, LB28 said:

Watching Myers, Soucy, Forbort, and Desharnais attempt to break out of the zone or do anything with the puck is why they should call up Brannstrom.

Even Wolanin can do better!!!!

• Like 2

Just now, Coconuts said:

Was a thing against the Oil too, teams are gonna be keying in on it 

Be interesting to see how he rebounds, thankfully we have Lankinen in the wings

yeah i can think of at least 2 untimely oiler goals from the point that cost the team.  he seems to be pretty good from in close but doesnt track well from the blue line into the tops of the circles.  Lankinen will get a shot here pretty soon imho.  2-3 soft goals will kill any momentum a team has then the microscope comes out on other players.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Desharnais is bad. I thought Forbort was fine.

Desharnais is like everything that's bad about Myers with worse hands, skating, and puck moving ability.

And yet we gave the guy $2M X2?? WTF.... He deserves $800k at the most just being a big body...

• Vintage 2

10 shots in the final 40 minutes with 5 of them in the final 3 mins is just terrible, desharnes and forbot is a terrible pairing, reminds me of the Minnesota game last year that led to the team waining in the final month of the season last year. Some new faces but looks like the same shit from the end of last season. Petey needs to start earning his paycheck if this keeps up they won’t get a bag of pucks for him with that contract

• ThereItIs 1

8 minutes ago, Conscience said:

How much are we paying hronek? Yikes

Our management don't make too many mistakes, but the ones they make are huge. (EP of course...like how could they be so effing stupid)

Edited by Cranston

Just now, igorwasgreat said:

Just the defense concerns me.  

Funny how much push back so many of us got in the offseason when we made the point that maybe paying Myers 3mil to play top 4 D wasn't actually a good thing. Could argue Soucy isn't top 4 either. Yet here we are.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Most he was screened on, we were standing around giving Calgary time. The Weegar one he should've had imo, the others you gotta defend better.

He wasn't the reason they lost.

Agree. Good take. He wasn't at all. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RakuRaku said:

And yet we gave the guy $2M X2?? WTF.... He deserves $800k at the most just being a big body...

Hopefully just a first game thing, but everytime the puck was on his stick he bobbled it.

Seemed like he was a potential gamble, they think he has more too him, I guess we'll see..

He needs to be able to handle the puck to get any better is what I'd say.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RakuRaku said:

Yeah having watched Edmonton for the past several years (wife's team) how he got above 1 million is absolutely mind-blowing. He was scratched for portions of the year ffs.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1