[PGT] Calgary @ Vancouver

Chickenspear

Just now, 1-d said:

I don't have the same sentiment after game #1 of the season, but yeah EP40 looked still hesitating and double clutching often.

All I want to see is confident rookie Petey back, having the puck on a string and breaking ankles with his dekes.

Feels like it was ages ago...

I don’t know if he will all of sudden figure that out. He hasn’t figured it out yet and it’s been months and months.

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

It’s obvious we need another elite dman.

need a top 3-4 two way Dman with O upside, and need it way before TDL.

im still hoping we can get a Chychrun type but what are we giving up for that this season. I like the intention of adding Forbort and Desharnais, but we will suffer from their liabilities if that’s our regular pairing. Mgmt did well in adding in offseason from the free agent pool but still some tweaks to be made. Again, not sure who goes to make $ room for what we need, but this D is lost if we miss QH or FH for any period of time.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Desharnais is bad. I thought Forbort was fine.

Desharnais is like everything that's bad about Myers with worse hands, skating, and puck moving ability.

I get the feeling that DesHarnais will age pretty quick in these parts and especially with R.T.

This is what I worried about losing our two good defencemen and gaining Forbott and Desharnais. Myers and Soucy are not 2nd pairing defencemen at the best of times. Our bottom 5 got feasted on, no surprise we blow 3 goal leads twice.

We need a mid season top 4 defenceman trade the way we acquired Zadorov.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

They have been in the league long enough to know not to do it. I hate that answer. It’s not something new. You give a team time and space and they make you pay. Petey has to be a difference maker night in and night out or at least threaten to be one.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

3 minutes ago, RWJC said:

need a top 3-4 two way Dman with O upside, and need it way before TDL.

im still hoping we can get a Chychrun type but what are we giving up for that this season. I like the intention of adding Forbort and Desharnais, but we will suffer from their liabilities if that’s our regular pairing. Mgmt did well in adding in offseason from the free agent pool but still some tweaks to be made. Again, not sure who goes to make $ room for what we need, but this D is lost if we miss QH or FH for any period of time.

If Forbort and Desharnais can't keep up, worth trying out Brannstrom and Juulsen!!!

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Most he was screened on, we were standing around giving Calgary time. The Weegar one he should've had imo, the others you gotta defend better.

He wasn't the reason they lost.

He was screened on. That’s the execuse for most of Silovs goals allowed…. That’s why his GAA is close to 3 and save percentage is .800. If he doesn’t figure out how to stop them he needs to go to KHL

• Wiener 1

1 minute ago, Cromeslab said:

Classic dominate the 1st then shit the bed

Didn't do that much last season. 

Had one of the best record when leading after two.  

Just game 1.  Relax 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

I get the feeling that DesHarnais will age pretty quick in these parts and especially with R.T.

It's just one game so I don't want to totally bury him, but this was a bit of a swing & it wasn't a good first impression.

Forbort isn't a particularly impressive player but he's basically what Ian Cole was in the playoffs. 3rd pair, makes easy plays quickly, PKs well. That's straightforward & he did fine tonight imo.

Desharnais on the other hand... It's like a poor man's chaos giraffe with the same level of negative chaos & no positive chaos

Edited by Smashian Kassian
  • Haha 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1