[PGT] Calgary @ Vancouver

Chickenspear

6 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Isn't that what the Pre season was intended for - instead of playing 15 players per game that will never make the NHL.   Makes no sense Quinn!

No that’s not what it’s for. It’s to get wholesale looks on player development throughout the org, suss out progress, and to allow the NHL players to absorb and test out systems tweaks and vets to recondition physically prior to opener. It’s not necessarily to suss out lines etc. and shouldn’t be because true chemistry is proven against actual NHL competition and emerges over time out of familiarity and systems play. Lots of roster turnover, yet ppl expect near perfection off the hop. Highly unrealistic. Give them 5-10 games to diagnose exact issues

Edited by RWJC
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Canucks played hockey for 17 minutes tonight. It wasn't enough

Although, it kind of was almost enough. Lol. Which goes to show how ass Calgary is, but yeah. Our effort was cheeks for way too much of this game.

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Those long shots are his Achilles heel.

In close, he lost his crease on one, and forgot to paddle down coming across on another. 

Wasn't a good night for Silovs, but a lot of guys stunk tonight.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Petey has been tripping over his skates every year he's been in the league. I been waiting to eat crow on my Petey takes for 4 years now. First two years I gave him the benefit of the doubt as he was a kid. He's 26 in November. Hoglander is bigger and stronger than him for crying out loud. Lol. Dude is 5'9, come on.

Let me just say that I think he'll put it together like the Sedins did ... but ...  and ... that he needs to put it together given his contract. 

Big believer in Hoglander and he's only 23. 

Honestly its a very embarrassing loss but im not overly worried.

Its a big time wakeup call, but they showed in the 1st what they are capable of & thankfully they got a point. 

Some good, some bad, but most of all were back into regular season mode after a collapse like this so... onto friday. 

Edited by Smashian Kassian

24 minutes ago, Qwags said:

Silovs needs to be better. Especially with long point shots.

his right side topside seems a bit weak. i dont blame silovs for the loss though, u cant loose when ur up 4-1. if we cant defend wer in trouble. 

2 minutes ago, luckylager said:

In close, he lost his crease on one, and forgot to paddle down coming across on another. 

Wasn't a good night for Silovs, but a lot of guys stunk tonight.

Well here we go for excuses for weak players

Well his long shot reads killed us in the playoffs

So w.e.

12 minutes ago, RWJC said:

No that’s not what it’s for. It’s to get wholesale looks on player development throughout the org, suss out progress, and to allow the NHL players to absorb and test out systems tweaks and vets to recondition physically prior to opener. It’s not necessarily to suss out lines etc. and shouldn’t be because true chemistry is proven against actual NHL competition and emerges over time out of familiarity and systems play. Lots of roster turnover, yet ppl expect near perfection off the hop. Highly unrealistic. Give them 5-10 games to diagnose exact issues

I'll agree with the 2nd statement you made and agree with the last. Cheers!

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

You're going to be proven wrong. 

More often than not, holding onto an asset pays better dividends than giving it up early.

We already saw what they're capable of at their very best. We just need to be a little more patient for the return.

• Cheers 1