[PGT] Calgary @ Vancouver

Chickenspear

36 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Which ones?

The Canucks aren't a contender if they need their goaltender to win them a 4-1 game.

3rd 4th 5th

3rd and 4th clean look from up high. 

5th, just what the heck was he thinking. 

• Like 1

Oof, that was anti-climatic after that first period. Silovs should have stopped a couple of those, guess Lankinen is up next. But man, whole team just stopped playing after the first. Lucky to get a point there. Oh well, shake the rust off, put that one in the past and focus on the next game.

On a side note, for the ridicule I took for suggesting Calgary’s 3rd line looked like their best from the pre-game lineups. I’d say with a goal each, those dicks were pretty instrumemental in the Lames comeback.

2 minutes ago, Integra250 said:

Pettersson needs to shoot. I don’t know what it is but he has he needs to find his balls and just rip them at the net with every opportunity. 

Unfortunately I’m not seeing the fire and drive we’ve seen from him in the past.

Seems to just be going through the motions and not trying to be a game changer.

• Cheers 4

Just now, DeNiro said:

Unfortunately I’m not seeing the fire and drive we’ve seen from him in the past.

Seems to just be going through the motions and not trying to be a game changer.

Like he doesn't want to be here.

Honestly I really think it was a bad contract. 

4 x 8 or 9M would have been better

• Cheers 2

Just now, DeNiro said:

We played a stinker in game 2 last season. 

Difference is DeSmith bailed us out.

This early season kinks are nothing new.

Season's over. We suck. Always next year. Nice try. Moving on. Need better depth. 

Oh, wait ...

There are 81 games left.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

34 minutes ago, Qwags said:

These are the types of losses I hate the most. Not because of the loss, but HOW they lost. They beat themselves.

One the plus side it wasn't  Kuzmenko that had the GWG 😝

• Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I really hope I'm wrong on Petie but my eye test says I'm not wrong. ie about his lack of engagement 

Yeah he definitely didn’t try to defend his line mate. He was more engaged than others. It’s just your hatred for Petey and expecting him to score every other shift. He isn’t a liability and is a PPG player this season. Like what more do you want? You wouldn’t say this if we kept the lead and won 4-1. 

• Cheers 3

Just now, PeteyBoeser said:

Yeah he definitely didn’t try to defend his line mate. He was more engaged than others. It’s just your hatred for Petey and expecting him to score every other shift. He isn’t a liability and is a PPG player this season. Like what more do you want? You wouldn’t say this if we kept the lead and won 4-1. 

Well he's not playing like a 11.5M player that's for sure.

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Not one dominant shift by him. I am getting tired of him just being a mediocre shooter and good passer. That’s what 11.6 gets us. He can’t deke or look dominant. It’s very concerning. It’s not just one game it’s the preseason too.

He hasn't look dominant in 4-5 years now, dunno why people kid themselves. Controlling plays, dictating the game, he did that in his rookie year. 

• Confused 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Drakrami said:

He hasn't look dominant in 4-5 years now, dunno why people kid themselves. Controlling plays, dictating the game, he did that in his rookie year. 

I don’t think he’s changed and he only looked dominant because he was the only Elite player on the team at the time.  Now that we have Miller Hughes, Hronek and more star power he doesn’t look it. Like he’d probably be third liner on a team like the Avs and make half of what he makes with us. 

2 minutes ago, PeteyBoeser said:

I don’t think he’s changed and he only looked dominant because he was the only Elite player on the team at the time.  Now that we have Miller Hughes, Hronek and more star power he doesn’t look it. Like he’d probably be third liner on a team like the Avs and make half of what he makes with us. 

Seems less self reliant.

He defers a lot to teammates either for producing scoring chances or in general to step up when it’s needed. Not saying he doesn’t at all, he’s just not dominant in the way his career arc would suggest he might be at this point. 

• Cheers 1

Was at the game (Centre 17 rows up) The 1st period was fun, and 2&3rd they looked flat, like they had it in the bag 

RT said it was summer hockey, so much to playing to a system after the 1st

Was hoping that they would tie it up for OT and they did (I also got a shirt parachuting from the roof)

At least we didn't pull an Edmonton on season opener

4 minutes ago, PeteyBoeser said:

Refer to the Oilers series where everyone had to have their eyes peeled on McDavid. That's elite. 

40 minutes ago, sheffy said:

I don't get how #40 is taking up $11.6 million cap space. What is the problem this time? His wrist? New stick? New helmet? Shitty line mates? New bed sheet?

It's the sheet, I just know it  

Didn't watch the game as I was at the PG Cougars vs Portland Winterhawks game.  The Cougars were up 4 - 0 going into the 3rd.  Lost the game in OT. 

So I guess I had a similar level of disappointment if I had watched the Canucks blow a solid lead to the Lames.

20 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Well he's not playing like a 11.5M player that's for sure.

I think this market sometimes has unrealistic inhumane expectations for our players. 

Petey will be fine. 

• Upvote 3