[Speculation] Insider Confirms: Maple Leafs Looking to Trade Timothy Liljegren

RWJC

47 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

We don't need any more Swedes on this team.    We'll never win a cup if P.A.'s insatiable magnetic draw towards drafting and trading for his fellow homeboys continues.  

Not saying it is at all likely to happen, but if he landed us Erikson Ek I would not complain in the slightest.... just saying

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Hammertime said:

How much do you know about Alf. 

As bad as Descharnais is Liljegren is worse. 

If I had to wager a guess that Nashville series is the entire reason we got Descharnais. Huggy can't be the guy retrieving pucks in the corner. 

Not sure how Desharnais helps recover pucks. Especially with Huggy. They don't play together. And the opposing team can decide which side of the ice to dump the puck to. They'll have no troubles targeting Huggy even with Desharnais on the ice. Guy was a healthy scratch 1 game after arriving here. Is Liljegren better? Who knows. But I don't think Desharnais is or ever was the answer for the Huggy retrieving pucks problem.

3 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Not sure how Desharnais helps recover pucks. Especially with Huggy. They don't play together. And the opposing team can decide which side of the ice to dump the puck to. They'll have no troubles targeting Huggy even with Desharnais on the ice. Guy was a healthy scratch 1 game after arriving here. Is Liljegren better? Who knows. But I don't think Desharnais is or ever was the answer for the Huggy retrieving pucks problem.

Littleman is a horrible fit for how we play. He’s small, slow, and scared. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

All due respect to Vinny, he’s still to learn how to integrate into a proper defensive structure. Forbort had the benefit of familiarity with something similar due to how BOS is coached. Could be much more to show from Vinny given time, not to mention Juulsen deserves playing time as well. 
I like that we have rotation over dependency. 

That said, folks need to realize that we absolutely require another D that ideally is a 2nd pairing and can push the lineup deeper. Ppl can shit all over Liljegren, but he is an option that could possibly come cheap and has underlying numbers that suggest he can play better than what he’s shown in TOR. Again - have to strongly consider the scheme a player has been playing under if their sample size is smallish. I’m not saying he’s an answer, and his role isn’t expected to play big like some people suggest we need. His role would be to assist the probabilities of generating offense off the backend, and being counterbalanced by a defensive oriented player. Now that we have Brannstrom I highly doubt we pursue Liljegren, but for folks to write off a player like him so early on in his career simply because he isn’t their prototypical design for our club, might be premature. 

• Cheers 2

On 10/10/2024 at 5:16 PM, RWJC said:

Is that the same wisdom/wizzzdumb that amongst other wondrous revelations recently opined the following:

-trade JTM for Kotkaniemi

-Lafreniere is a bust

-Byfield is a bust

I could list numerous others but those 3 alone place you in the Jim Benning Armchair GM Hall of Fame and Shame.

image.gif.4e2db4f18dc76c335a737dfa21f17d6a.gif

Sadly even Benning wasn't as bad as that. Or else we would have traded Petey for scraps. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Sadly even Benning wasn't as bad as that. Or else we would have traded Petey for scraps. 

only saving grace for Alf is that he’s an (illegal) alien and perhaps on Melmac they value things ummm…differently?

maybe it’s time someone contact IRCC, especially if there’s a reward.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, JeremyCuddles said:

I dunno either man. I would rather have 1 Zadorov than 3 Descharnais. 

54 minutes ago, RWJC said:

All due respect to Vinny, he’s still to learn how to integrate into a proper defensive structure. Forbort had the benefit of familiarity with something similar due to how BOS is coached. Could be much more to show from Vinny given time, not to mention Juulsen deserves playing time as well. 
I like that we have rotation over dependency. 

That said, folks need to realize that we absolutely require another D that ideally is a 2nd pairing and can push the lineup deeper. Ppl can shit all over Liljegren, but he is an option that could possibly come cheap and has underlying numbers that suggest he can play better than what he’s shown in TOR. Again - have to strongly consider the scheme a player has been playing under if their sample size is smallish. I’m not saying he’s an answer, and his role isn’t expected to play big like some people suggest we need. His role would be to assist the probabilities of generating offense off the backend, and being counterbalanced by a defensive oriented player. Now that we have Brannstrom I highly doubt we pursue Liljegren, but for folks to write off a player like him so early on in his career simply because he isn’t their prototypical design for our club, might be premature. 

hard disagree

11 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

I would too but I’d also want $ to go around to make the team deeper.

I was super pleased with Zads. But also realize to a degree he trashes every team he has played for and that he’s not be necessarily the consistent presence we need for the cap hit. I wish we could have kept him at a lower hit, but recent revelations suggest he lacks a little bit of character despite the entertaining persona.

5 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Other than Soucy the rest of the bottom 4 D are Desharnais type players. Which is kind of the problem. I haven't advocated for acquiring Liljegren, yet. My only real point was that saying he is "Littlegren" is a bit disingenuous to his play. He isn't afraid to put his body in front of a puck and isn't a major physical presence but also doesn't shy away from it. There's usually a one or the other mindset folks have. You're either soft or Matt Rempe, for some reason players can't exist in the middle ground. Which is where Liljegren exists imo.

And it's also funny every other D we acquire is looked at like "Oh, our coaching staff will fix him" but when the idea of acquiring Liljegren comes up people are quick to just say "TORONTO TRASH, SMALL, CRAP." We can apparently fix Desharnais but Liljegren is a complete lost cause. Regardless. I think there's more to Liljegren than just being a Toronto player that people are quick to right off because he is a Toronto player. If the price is right, I'd take a shot on him.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Other than Soucy the rest of the bottom 4 D are Desharnais type players. Which is kind of the problem. I haven't advocated for acquiring Liljegren, yet. My only real point was that saying he is "Littlegren" is a bit disingenuous to his play. He isn't afraid to put his body in front of a puck and isn't a major physical presence but also doesn't shy away from it. There's usually a one or the other mindset folks have. You're either soft or Matt Rempe, for some reason players can't exist in the middle ground. Which is where Liljegren exists imo.

And it's also funny every other D we acquire is looked at like "Oh, our coaching staff will fix him" but when the idea of acquiring Liljegren comes up people are quick to just say "TORONTO TRASH, SMALL, CRAP." We can apparently fix Desharnais but Liljegren is a complete lost cause. Regardless. I think there's more to Liljegren than just being a Toronto player that people are quick to right off because he is a Toronto player. If the price is right, I'd take a shot on him.

FE46EFA3-B6BB-40B5-8ADD-A2B3C97E9CF4.gif.5a995cac76546bdc4653f139e9f86706.gif

• ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, RWJC said:

I was super pleased with Zads. But also realize to a degree he trashes every team he has played for and that he’s not be necessarily the consistent presence we need for the cap hit. I wish we could have kept him at a lower hit, but recent revelations suggest he lacks a little bit of character despite the entertaining persona.

For a guy with wrestlers on his avatar you should understand. 

like i said would you consider 3 descharnais better depth than say. Zad?

We could fit Zad, Juules, Friedman 6.5m under the cap and have IMO better depth than. 

Descharnais, Forbort, Juules. 4.25m 

The 2.25m spread seems worth it. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

For a guy with wrestlers on his avatar you should understand. 

like i said would you consider 3 descharnais better depth than say. Zad?

We could fit Zad, Juules, Friedman 6.5m under the cap and have IMO better depth than. 

Descharnais, Forbort, Juules. 4.25m 

The 2.25m spread seems worth it. 

Not just a wrestler but a Ugandan Giant! (And his handler)

perhaps you’re right about Z. Maybe  I’m just trying to get over the loss 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PeteyBOI said:

mostly just about Liljegren part

ahh ok. Well there is a reason he’s not playing for the Laffs so there is that. I just think some players need to escape that system or be better supported within it to prove their potential. A guy like Nick Robertson probably felt the same way until this season 

Edited by RWJC

Just now, RWJC said:

ahh ok. Well there is a reason he’s not playing for the Laffs so there is that. I just think some players need to escape that system or be better supported within it to prove their potential. A guy like Nick Robertson probably felt the same way until this season 

you probably deserved a better response than the one i gave you...

sometimes I really want to respond with little time to do so... 

• Cheers 1

On 10/13/2024 at 3:41 PM, RWJC said:

A lot of ppl aren’t understanding how risky a 6 year contract woulda been with Z, I think it’s unanimous he was loved across the whole fan base but he’s had glimpses like these in the past then disappears for a couple years I’d love to see if he holds up his value through even 3 seasons in Boston 

On 10/13/2024 at 10:43 AM, BTueyCanucksFan said:

Not saying it is at all likely to happen, but if he landed us Erikson Ek I would not complain in the slightest.... just saying

I don't think Minnesota will move on from him easily, especially him on such a good contract.

That said, if the rumour that Kaprisov will walk once he hits UFA, then I can see them go on a mini-rebuild/retool and move on from Ek. But if that's the case, the cost to acquire this player would be high.

6 minutes ago, RJCF96 said:

I don't think Minnesota will move on from him easily, especially him on such a good contract.

That said, if the rumour that Kaprisov will walk once he hits UFA, then I can see them go on a mini-rebuild/retool and move on from Ek. But if that's the case, the cost to acquire this player would be high.

Absolutely. Ultimately, I do not think it would be worth it for us asset-wise. But if we could get him for a reasonable price he could easily push us over the top heading into the playoffs

Edited by BTueyCanucksFan
Spelling and grammar