[Speculation] Rags working to sign Lafreniere to eight year deal worth 8M+

11 minutes ago, Provost said:

That is weird since the prevailing sentiment about Juulsen on this forum is almost universally very positive.  Many folks (including myself) wondered why we signed Myers and Desharnais when Juulsen appeared ready for a full-time NHL gig.

Also, the fans were almost universally enamoured of Zadorov who was much more known for getting out of position for hits than Trouba.  Trouba has been a legit too pairing D for a long time and Zadorov was a 3rd pairing version of the same sort of player.

The Canucks system and brass clearly love big physical D, so no idea why one would think Trouba wouldn’t fit that bill.   They tried really hard to re-sign Zadorov and then signed similar style players in Forbort, and Desharnais.

I may have some recency bias on other posters’ views of Juulsen in that comment - that’s fair. And obviously we all loved what Zadorov brought. I love Juulsen’s play - have never posted otherwise and I prefer it. But you could be right about fans having a guy like Trouba’s back similar to Zad. I loved Zad on this team and would welcome Trouba. You’re also correct that I think our coaching staff would love him. My comment was directed at our fickle fan base. We are not in disagreement friend.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RJCF96 said:

I don't think Lafreniere was involved in that deal.

What I heard was Chytil + one of Lundqvist/Schneider + 1

yeah remember there was a lot of talk about Lafreniere, but I think, it was mostly the fans saying it... 

Fair enough, doubt Rang would let him go anyway...

On 10/12/2024 at 7:52 PM, RolexSub said:

Sorry but just because he had a good playoff run last year doesn't put him in the $8M territory. He is more a $6M max player. He scored 28 goals first time hitting over 20goal and he is a $8M player. Seems like we got a steal on Hoggy's deal for $3M netting 24 goals. 

He's also a 100+ pt pace this season so far