Aatu Räty | #54 | C

Jess

On 9/29/2024 at 11:01 AM, AK-19 said:

He's shown to be clearly better than Nils Aman and has much better potential for growth. I look forward to seeing a Joshua-Raty-Garland line.

Me as well.  I can't see how he hasn't made the team.  If we lose Aman and/or PDG on waivers, that's the price of having better players.

• ThereItIs 1

On 9/29/2024 at 11:01 AM, AK-19 said:

He's shown to be clearly better than Nils Aman and has much better potential for growth. I look forward to seeing a Joshua-Raty-Garland line.

Seeing Raty's improvement over the off-season reminds me of how Horvat went home one summer and became a top flight skater. Raty was good last year in Abbotsford, but he looks even better so far this year. I don't know how much ice time he'll get in Vancouver, but I believe he is ready.

19 hours ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Me as well.  I can't see how he hasn't made the team.  If we lose Aman and/or PDG on waivers, that's the price of having better players.

Anyone who would be concerned about us losing Aman or PDG on waivers is living in the past.  In a time when we actually needed dime a dozen players like them in our lineup, because we had no decent young prospects to take their place.      0625109a-133b-43a7-b2bc-f03cc9ab6c58_text.gif.32c85447ab4e174a51211081f6dda125.gif

Edited by CaptainCanuck12
  • Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, CaptainCanuck12 said:

Anyone who would be concerned about us losing Aman or PDG on waivers is living in the past.  In a time when we actually needed dime a dozen players like in our lineup, because we had no decent young prospects to take their place.0625109a-133b-43a7-b2bc-f03cc9ab6c58_text.gif.32c85447ab4e174a51211081f6dda125.gif

One of my favourite one-off characters and favourite episodes! 

• Jess changed the title to Aatu Räty | #54 | C

I was a little dismayed to see him sent down, buut then I looked at some deeper Vancouver stats, player by player. Clearly the coach didnt' trust him as he averaged the lowest ice time on the team. I thought he performed admirably, although you could see he was afraid of making a mistake, playing a little rigid and constantly trying to show his motor was going. His skating has improved a fair bit, and that was the only knock on the guy really. Hopefully we see him again soon on the big club.