Aatu Räty | C

Jess

• 2 weeks later...

I think this guy is a real NHL deal, injury call up this year and a full timer next? 
I wouldn't want to mess with the chemistry of that 3rd line in Vancouver just yet, but Raty is a middle sixer all day long. That likely means 3 C or 2nd line winger, depending on the coach's needs. Perhaps he can even push for a 4th line role with the way his 200 foot game has rounded out. I am not homer enough to think he can be a Henrik Sedin out there, but he can be a reliable regular with a whole lot of upside. 

EDIT: Homer version (like my frosted side, hehe) Maybe he earns a wing spot with Debrusk and Petey out of camp pushing sprong down the depth chart to flesh out a killer fourth line. "when Raty was on the ice, Abbotsford scored 59% of the goals, which is 9.7% higher than when he was not on the ice."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Another recent article on Raty (Faber).  His faceoff percentage was at 55% last season and

there's a great video example how he switches to his right side when it's at his advantage;

he does it very quickly, which looks a bit confusing for the opposition player.

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/building-blue-young-but-experienced-aatu-raty-prepares-for-biggest-season-of-his-young-career

Aatu Raty's 'huge strides' reigniting hype around Canucks' former top prospect

After splitting his first season in North America between the NHL and the American Hockey League in 2022-23, he spent all of last year in the minors quietly building his game. Raty had 18 goals and 52 points for the Abbotsford Canucks.

A prodigy in Finland, where he turned pro at 16 and made his country’s world junior team as a 17-year-old, Raty is still only 21. It merely feels like he has been around a long time and that his best-before date may already be approaching.  Forgetting about Aatu Raty would be foolish.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/aatu-ratys-huge-strides-reigniting-hype-around-canucks-former-top-prospect/

• Like 1