[PGT] Vancouver vs Philly

Coconuts

3 hours ago, Devron said:

Fiancé made a good point last night. The new guys aren’t meshing yet and I agree. It’s gonna take some time. Luckily we are only 2 games in 

Yup, people are so impatient. Gotta relax and actually see what happens. Decent chance we right the ship.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

4 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Good sign

I think Myer's injury was my biggest worry from yesterday's game. Day to day is really good news. 

Garland was playing with energy so didn't think he was playing through something. We need our bottom 6 with our top 6 still trying to find chemistry. 

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Wing said:

I think Myer's injury was my biggest worry from yesterday's game. Day to day is really good news. 

Garland was playing with energy so didn't think he was playing through something. We need our bottom 6 with our top 6 still trying to find chemistry. 

Such a huge hit to our d core. Looked really bad im so glad he’s gonna be ok 

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Devron said:

Be funny is we won like 5 in a row here and all of sudden we are undefeated in regulation in 7 games 

Imo, wins and losses are secondary to how they are playing.  If they play the way the have for the last half season and win, I'd still be very concerned.

If they start playing 60 min hockey, I'm going to feel much than if they continue how they're playing and win

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

45 minutes ago, stawns said:

Imo, wins and losses are secondary to how they are playing.  If they play the way the have for the last half season and win, I'd still be very concerned.

If they start playing 60 min hockey, I'm going to feel much than if they continue how they're playing and win

There is some truth to that for sure. Wins make me happy so that’s most important to me but I understand that wins don’t win cup playing a full game does 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

Early season struggles lead to later success.

Shake the rust off, iron out the kinks, adjust to one another and get rollin.

Theres a lot to take into consideration right now, there’s a lot of new faces and with that comes the need for patience.

We have Eastern players coming to the pacific who aren’t used to playing pacific teams and knowing their styles/systems/tendencies etc.

Our new faces need to build chemistry and familiarity with new systems and linemates. It’s game 2 we have plenty of time to iron out the wrinkles, adjust to systems and a new division for many. 
Nashville is 0-2, Toronto got blanked by MTL, MTL is 2-1, FLA is 1-2, there’s plenty of teams off to slow starts and others off to strong starts. But as the season goes on, the good teams get settled in to a groove and get that consistency thing going. Almost every if not every cup winner goes through trials and tribulations at some point during the season and they say that is that key moment that every cup winner needs to experience to understand how to battle through adversity and overcome the struggles and do it faster as the season and playoffs wear on. How well did that record setting 2022-23 season go for Boston in the playoffs? No struggles until the playoffs, up 3-1 and had probably the most epic collapse in terms of season success going into playoffs. Florida eeked into the final spot based off 2 PIT losses near the end and they went on a run to the finals after a really shakey season. 

Keep yer fuckin heads up, we have the depth, we have the talent, we have the coaching staff, we have some cap flexibility at the TDL, we just aren’t 100% healthy right now and still getting adjusted. It’s gunna be a great season and I feel this truly is our year to make a serious statement on that cup. 9 potential 20 goal scorers are on this roster and some size and snarl on the back end. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Devron said:

Fiancé made a good point last night. The new guys aren’t meshing yet and I agree. It’s gonna take some time. Luckily we are only 2 games in 

Yeah, was thinking about it today and we need to realise there is literally a new player on every single forward line this year.  It's gonna take some time.  Spending some time on the road together is gonna help.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

9 hours ago, Gurn said:

Seems Petey is changing from a "Look what he did," player to a "Hey, Petey got a couple of points" player.

Second banana player, like Hronek plays second man,on the Hughes pairing.

Unfortunately- that is a bunch of money, for both, to have them as a supporting guy.

I sure hope that changes because WOW - imagine if we have to unload him this year before his NTC kicks in if he continues his slump.     We'd have to swallow a huge portion of his salary/contract to try and get someone to take him off our hands and would turn into another in the long list of Swedish "Albatross Contracts" this franchise has got saddled with over the past few decades.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, BPA said:

If a shake up is required, I’d like to see…

Debrusk EP Boeser

Heinen Miller Sprong

Hogz Blueger Garland

Raty Suter Sherwood 

Maybe Petey having 2 quality wingers will get back his mojo.  I’m confident Miller can carry his line with whomever is on it.

I think BB6 is good with JTM.  Moving him might help 11-6's cause but ruin the chemistry with him and JTM which has been descent.  Very risky!

Edited by RU SERIOUS
typo
  • Cheers 2

6 hours ago, Devron said:

The new guys looked fine in the preseason? Its when we added the regulars when we started seeing some issues.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Devron said:

Ya no chemistry, only chemistry I’ve seen so far is JT and Brock 

The team was playing great defensive, sound hockey in the preseason, since then, I am seeing lazy plays and not playing a full 60 minutes. I have seen 1 great period in 2 games.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

The team was playing great defensive, sound hockey in the preseason, since then, I am seeing lazy plays and not playing a full 60 minutes. I have seen 1 great period in 2 games.

You can't judge a team by preseason.  It's a mix of nhl and junior players against tge same.  Things are different when you're facing full nhl rosters 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

5 hours ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

Why Garland with Petey/Debrusk? For occassional shifts maybe, because Garland often makes any line he's on look good. Garland needs to be a 2nd or 3rd line like he was with Joshua. The Canucks can't survive with only 2 good lines.

Youre OK w Garland w Miller//Boeser but not Petey/Debrusk….doesnt really make sense.

In a perfect world Garland/Joshua are doing their thing on a separate line.  Petey/Debrusk need someone that can help them though.  Sprong has been a ghost.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

12 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Please don't say that!  Every time the word "Trade" comes up with Alvin it means another future Draft Pick down the tubes.   We've thrown away enough draft picks in the last few years that has decimated our prospect pool to the point we don't have anything better than potential 3rd or 4th liners down on the farm and zero defensive prospects of any note - all because of impatient trades like those dumb-ass "Rental" trades for Lindholm and Zadorov last year that cost us 4 draft picks, two promising prospects (one of them very promising) and a 40 Goal scorer.

Tbf on Alvin, they did not expect to lose out on Zad... and probably neither of the two... but there comes a time, where you say enough is enough and back off... I'm glad they didn't lose the plot and paid over the odds for neither. 
But yes you are right, we need something to come through the pipeline....

Fun fact, when looking at the contract handed out to new boys, it kind of feels like, unless you pick at the top of the draft, you may just as well pick players up from the waiver wire or through minor trades....

except from Hogs and Demko, I fail to see us having use picks for anythingof value...

(I'm slightly "cooked" atm, so I might have missed out on somebody).

But yes a player like Boldy would have looked good in our top 6 just about now.....

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, EdgarM said:

The new guys looked fine in the preseason? Its when we added the regulars when we started seeing some issues.

Yeah maybe let them have a few games to find their way themselves. 

It does look as if they have zero chemistry between them. 

Sprong is a lost soul on the top line...

10 minutes ago, Goose said:

Sprong has been a ghost.

Sprong is a slug who has a shot... he is not a top six player.

Why Tocchet continues to force Pettersson to play with linemates who don't have any skills or who don't fit his playing style continues to stump me.

Pettersson needs players who he can pass with and who are creative.

It should be #1 priority to get Pettersson going.

Lekkermaki played well with him in the pre-season, but apparently Tocchet decided he needs time in Abby.

So you'd think Tocchet would put Hoglander back with Pettersson since they worked decently together last year... no.

Basically if you leave the Miller/Boeser pairing together, and don't re-unite the Lotto Line, then you need to put a decently creative player with Pettersson as well as Debrusk.

Blueger should be left centering his own line.

That leaves a choice of either:

Hoglander

Suter

Garland

Garland has chemistry with Joshua... it would be interesting to try those two with Pettersson... it would add a playmaker in Garland, and a bruiser/shooter in Joshua.

I am not impressed with Heinen... in fact none of the new offensive signings look good.

I think you start by adding Hoglander to Pettersson's line and see what that does.

• Cheers 1