[PGT] Vancouver vs Philly

Coconuts

1 hour ago, RU SERIOUS said:

I think BB6 is good with JTM.  Moving him might help 11-6's cause but ruin the chemistry with him and JTM which has been descent.  Very risky!

Spot on... until they find their feet put Suter with Miller and Brock. 
if it isn't broke, don't fix it...

Once Joshua is back we'll ahain have a good 3rd line...

once things settle down I do fancy Joshua on a line with Petey and Debrusk despite both shooting left...

and them Hogs on the 3rd line. 

• MillerTime 4

WOOHOO Edmonton shit the bed ... WELL DONE PICKARD!!!!!!!!!!!! WELL DONE INDEED!!!!

Condensed Game for EDM vs CHI:

Новый Халк читать онлайн: ранобэ, новеллы на русском Tl.Rulate.ru

All is right in the world today ... now for the Loveable Giraffe to be back on the ice by game 5 and Silovs finds his game ... oh ya and Bambi starts blasting them. 

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Agree...Its 2 f'ing games... could have gone either way... 

give the team another 10-15 before starting to sacrificed the first born... talk anout over reaction... win the next game and suddenly we are on track gor the play offs... 

a lot of new moving parts... things take time...

Again, it's not that they lost.  For me, it's how they lost.......the first game much more than last night

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Sprong is a slug who has a shot... he is not a top six player.

Why Tocchet continues to force Pettersson to play with linemates who don't have any skills or who don't fit his playing style continues to stump me.

Pettersson needs players who he can pass with and who are creative.

It should be #1 priority to get Pettersson going.

Lekkermaki played well with him in the pre-season, but apparently Tocchet decided he needs time in Abby.

So you'd think Tocchet would put Hoglander back with Pettersson since they worked decently together last year... no.

Basically if you leave the Miller/Boeser pairing together, and don't re-unite the Lotto Line, then you need to put a decently creative player with Pettersson as well as Debrusk.

Blueger should be left centering his own line.

That leaves a choice of either:

Hoglander

Suter

Garland

Garland has chemistry with Joshua... it would be interesting to try those two with Pettersson... it would add a playmaker in Garland, and a bruiser/shooter in Joshua.

I am not impressed with Heinen... in fact none of the new offensive signings look good.

I think you start by adding Hoglander to Pettersson's line and see what that does.

I think the idea is that Spring would be an elite finisher on that line….as long as Petey/Debrusk can get him the puck.  But that’s not happening tho

Ive always though that when the Lotto line was going, it was Miller being aggressive, winning battles-basically creating puck possession for BB/EP. If Tocc can find that winger that helps Petey/Debrusk like Miller did, I think we will see a better Petey. 

That said though, there’s always room for individual improvement 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, LunarPoetry said:

So the "presumed" Cup favorites have the following pt totals so far:

Edmonton - 0

Colrado - 0

Florida - 2

NY Rangers - 3

We have 2 pts.  Many of the above teams have looked much worse than us. There are posters here questioning the coaching already. I questiion their allegiance to our team.

Can we not give it at least 8-10 games before the overly negative BS starts??? We have alot of new key pieces in imortant postions...and of course a few key injuries.

We will be fine - I have faith in the coaches, management and Players to bring us a great season  

It's two game's.    Let's see how things look by game 15.    That's a pretty good indication of how the new bodies are settling in,  and especially if we can win without Demko.    Allvin will do some magic again as well.    He didn't make the signings he did for the regular season.    And highly doubt either Tochett or the brass expect mediocrity.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, stawns said:

Again, it's not that they lost.  For me, it's how they lost.......the first game much more than last night

I get that... nobody are clapping their hand over a defeat, but the difference between failure and success is minimal, and i think most teams will be finding their feet slowly... seems to be the case regularly. Good teams find a way to grind out results, even when they aren't on song... both games they got a result and one could argue they should have had at least 3 points by now.

First game was a poor performance, the second was a bit better as the rust comes of the vets... New players need time to find chemistry, and its Tocchets job to find out, who plays well with whom... 

If they play like this after 10-15 games alarm be ringing... 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Goose said:

I think the idea is that Spring would be an elite finisher on that line….as long as Petey/Debrusk can get him the puck.  But that’s not happening tho

Ive always though that when the Lotto line was going, it was Miller being aggressive, winning battles-basically creating puck possession for BB/EP. If Tocc can find that winger that helps Petey/Debrusk like Miller did, I think we will see a better Petey. 

That said though, there’s always room for individual improvement 

Joshua could be that guy.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, LunarPoetry said:

So the "presumed" Cup favorites have the following pt totals so far:

Edmonton - 0

Colrado - 0

Florida - 2

NY Rangers - 3

We have 2 pts.  Many of the above teams have looked much worse than us. There are posters here questioning the coaching already. I questiion their allegiance to our team.

Can we not give it at least 8-10 games before the overly negative BS starts??? We have alot of new key pieces in imortant postions...and of course a few key injuries.

We will be fine - I have faith in the coaches, management and Players to bring us a great season  

No we cannot give it 8-10 games before the BS starts. We are Canucks fans. The sky was falling as soon as the puck dropped in the first game. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, ronning4center said:

Tochett saying petey was on the ice early working on his game.  "He's gonna have to have that approach now for a while"   

I had a feeling he came in out of shape.  

Absolutely bonkers he got that contract, toc has never seemed too impressed with him. 

5 minutes ago, Conscience said:

Does that seem like a good sign to you? Head coach calling out work ethic and practice habits, having to constantly remind him to move his feet. At 11.6 mill he should be leading the way and setting an example.

That seems like his job to me

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Conscience said:

Does that seem like a good sign to you? Head coach calling out work ethic and practice habits, having to constantly remind him to move his feet. At 11.6 mill he should be leading the way and setting an example.

The Coilers have been out scored 11-2 in losing their first two games. McWhiner Baby and Dryercycle are both minus players. Pants down Mathpoo has no points in his first three games and is a minus player. Mackinnon is 0-2. 
Petey is a great player. Accept his greatness. Now watch Alf fish. 44E8ECEF-CAA6-4195-B064-AB551942F63F.png.0a420b7cdba7f5384c8e268903fc061c.png

• Upvote 1