[PGT] Vancouver vs Philly

Coconuts

My sense is that fixing the 2 poor performances are not just a matter of juggling the forward lines...but I would really like to see Garland playing with Pettersson, instead of Sprong. Sprong is an elite shooter but doesn't offer much else. I'd like to see DeBrusk - Pettersson - Garland.

Just now, BigTramFan said:

My sense is that fixing the 2 poor performances are not just a matter of juggling the forward lines...but I would really like to see Garland playing with Pettersson, instead of Sprong. Sprong is an elite shooter but doesn't offer much else. I'd like to see DeBrusk - Pettersson - Garland.

Agreed - I love Garland on the third line - but we don't have six Top 6 players, and Garland is definitely one of the 5 that I would consider legitimately Top 6.

Hoglander, Sprong, Heinen, Joshua could all get there potentially - but Garland has the ability to score 50+ points, he should be given a full season on one of the top two lines.

I'd even be happy to see:

Joshua/Heinen Miller Garland

Debrusk Pettersson Boeser

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

We've had two periods that were bad. 

We Are Doomed Reaction GIF

Haha, exactly. We all know we haven't put together anywhere near what we can when firing on all cylinders. We are better at shutting down teams when we have the lead and just haven't done it in the first two, otherwise we're a slick 2-0. I'm looking forward to the Revelations ... er I mean revolution.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

Haha, exactly. We all know we haven't put together anywhere near what we can when firing on all cylinders. We are better at shutting down teams when we have the lead and just haven't done it in the first two, otherwise we're a slick 2-0. I'm looking forward to the Revelations ... er I mean revolution.

Torts knows how to coach a PK. We could have easily scored twice in the first two but it kinda fell apart after that. That was the difference in that game.

• Cheers 2

Just now, Alflives said:

Sprong isn’t an nhl player. Waivers for him very soon. Lekkerimaki will be called up and play with Petey and Debrusk. That line will dominate on an 11 game win streak. 

Empties have spoken. Bow 🙇 

I wonder if we'd try to recover a late pick for him? Buffalo maybe? 

On 10/12/2024 at 8:34 AM, Dirty Al said:

Sportsnet+ is only supported in Canada. (error 15)

I love it when the expensive streaming service I only pay for to watch Canucks games shuts down for an hour and a half in a tied game on my Friday night...  do better. 

So frustrating. I can never start watching the games at 7, so pay for Sportsnet+ specifically so I can start watching them later. Friday night, went to

watch it at about 9:30p and was getting that error.

Just now, Bob Long said:

I wonder if we'd try to recover a late pick for him? Buffalo maybe? 

Yup. Sabres would like Sprong. Chicago? Habs? Any club that knows they are craperolla and need to somehow get fans into seats. Sprong is fun to watch skate with the puck, like Kuzmenko. Just can’t win with those guys. They are perfect for a crappy team though. 

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Sprong isn’t an nhl player. Waivers for him very soon. Lekkerimaki will be called up and play with Petey and Debrusk. That line will dominate on an 11 game win streak. 
The Empties have spoken. Bow 🙇 

I was never excited about the Sprong signing but it seemed to be the greatest thing ever to some haha 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

for sure it’s hard on the other guys. They never know where Sprong is. Heck, Sprong doesn’t know! He’s an airhead. 

Seems like if you need a goal with 10 seconds left you could put him out there to try and race and deke through the whole team to score. Other then that I dont know haha 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Said it when they grabbed him..

wont be long before he’s the puck carrier in the 2nd pairing D set.

kid needed a fresh start.

Bring him up! He can spend time with the coaches here. He and Forbort can split duty depending on the opponent