[PGT] Vancouver vs Philly

Coconuts

19 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Said it when they grabbed him..

wont be long before he’s the puck carrier in the 2nd pairing D set.

kid needed a fresh start.

His offensive talents were never in question, I think the defensive side is. And if he's playing 2nd pair, it'll be with Myers when healthy. I think we all agree Myers needs a defensive partner otherwise he's a nightmare. Brannstrom and Hronek might be interesting. On the small side. Desharnais and Brannstrom as our 2nd pair is almost vomit inducing.

46 minutes ago, Alflives said:

for sure it’s hard on the other guys. They never know where Sprong is. Heck, Sprong doesn’t know! He’s an airhead. 

Sprong belongs on a line with Suter as his center.  Pair one of our better snipers, but suspect defensively, with our best defensive Center who last season made every line he was on better.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mando27 said:

Yea American thanksgiving is usually a decent indicator.

American Thanksgiving is pretty much too late.  

I haven’t seen updated numbers, but a couple of years ago they looked and 80% of the teams above the playoff line by American Thanksgiving made the playoffs.  Teams more than 4 points out of a playoff spot almost always ended up missing the playoffs.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

Right coz the entire powerplay haven’t been trash it’s just ep that haven’t been scoring on the pp right? Have you even watch the power play? Majority of the setup is Hughes to miller and shoot. How often is the play going to ep side? Literally every right handed sniper parks and shoot on the left side. Ep is put on the right side to shoot across his body. And guess what our only pp goal from the top unit so far this year came from the right side ep debrusk miller. But lemme guess ep only got a secondary assist so it have nothing to do with him it was all debrusk boeser and prolly Hughes and miller too for drawing guys away right?

It's weird, it's like you know he is struggling, and instead of just admitting it, you work so hard to make up random excuses that are such a stretch.

I wonder why EP isn't the primary shooter on the pp anymore. Must be just a coincidence.

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

As a winger to replace Sprong?

As a defenseman no thanks.

I watched this whole game. Branstrom was really good all over the ice. Yes, the guys he had to check were AHL level but he did a good job against them. Not too sure where he’d fit into our lineup though. He’s not a top guy so he’d need to play pk and take on hard matchups. 

• ThereItIs 1

3 hours ago, nzan said:

Agreed - I love Garland on the third line - but we don't have six Top 6 players, and Garland is definitely one of the 5 that I would consider legitimately Top 6.

Hoglander, Sprong, Heinen, Joshua could all get there potentially - but Garland has the ability to score 50+ points, he should be given a full season on one of the top two lines.

I'd even be happy to see:

Joshua/Heinen Miller Garland

Debrusk Pettersson Boeser

Yeah agree. Once Joshua is back I'd happily see him join Petey and Garland. I think those 3 together would be complementary. That would free up DeBrusk to play LW on the line with Miller and Boeser.

Fwd lines I'd like to see once Joshua is back:

DeBrusk. Miller. Boeser.

Joshua. Pettersson. Garland.

Raty. Suter. Hoglander.

Heinen. Blueger. Sherwood.

(Sprong/Aman)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

We joke. But it's clear Peteys issues are 100% mental. Which means 2 things.

1. I feel bad and hope he gets the help he needs and 

2. He is likely not going to get better in short order and that sucks. 

I do joke, I really hope he just has a fragile confidence and it slowly rebuilds during these first couple months 🙂

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1