[PGT] Vancouver vs Philly

Coconuts

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

As a winger to replace Sprong?

As a defenseman no thanks.

might ask the same type of question to Cale Makar ..

the point is that type of Roving D man IS the next level of offensive strategy.

The game is designed for “Flow” like that ,  you just have to be more alert to your own position and area without the puck.

• Cheers 1

52 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

2 years ago Deb. 

I broke my foot and fractured my ankle in Jan 2023, AND had a hip replacement in March of this year, and I ran a half marathon in Septemeber. 

He has had plenty of time to heal from a sprained/strained/sore wrist

9 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

might ask the same type of question to Cale Makar ..

the point is that type of Roving D man IS the next level of offensive strategy.

The game is designed for “Flow” like that ,  you just have to be more alert to your own position and area without the puck.

And that’s exactly why he’s not in the NHL.

Makar can do all those things and get back to his own zone and be in positon. 

Brannstrom has never shown to be able to do that. 

He’ll be a great AHL D man, I’m not holding out much hope he’ll figure it out at the NHL level though.

Edited by DeNiro

9 hours ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

I absolutely fucking loathe the drop pass!!! Drives me crazy

I absolutely detest that "scripted - predictable" play that has lost all it's effectiveness because it's used ALL THE TIME!   Every time I see that, it brings back memories of "Special Ed" (EDLER) lumbering up the ice and making a crooked drop pass way off the mark.     There should be a 2 minute penalty for forcing fans to watch that!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

heres what im thinking, to combine and get the top 6 going id want a more powerful forward type on our 1st line with miller and boes, so id like to see Sprong there. it worked out with PDG last years start, it might work if they find some chemistry. sprong has a wicked shot and got some nice wheels. i dont see him as a dangler type or a nifty playmaker either. Heinen has been pretty much invisible, id send him to 4th line for depth scoring. if ur on the roster to produce then u gotta earn ur spot on the top 6.

Sprong-JT-BB

2nd line is a mystery, but i dont think its wrong to keep a vet like Debrusk there, he adds his positional play, grit and experience. id like to see Suter on the wing. Suter is a smart player that can dangle and act as a playmaker. hes also a great depthlayer that can play anywhere in any situation. combine those elements that Debrusk and suter does and i like the look of a 2nd producing line. 

Suter-EP40-Debrusk

3rd line is easy... untill DJ arrives its: Hoglander-Blueger-Garland. i know ppl like Raty but he has not impressed me so far. Garland can drive a line with his tenacity and with Hogs evolution climbing the roster with grit and skill i think Blueger can complement those player well with his smartnes. 

4th would be more  combo to get Heinen going as a depth scorer well as Raty developing and getting more NHL experience of becoming a 2 way forward type. Sherwood is the perfect bottom 6 gritty pest u love to have on your own team and hate to face. 

To summarize: 

Sprong-JT-BB

Suter-EP40-Debrusk

Hoglander-Blueger-Garland

Heinen-Raty-Sherwood

7 hours ago, JayDangles said:

It's weird, it's like you know he is struggling, and instead of just admitting it, you work so hard to make up random excuses that are such a stretch.

I wonder why EP isn't the primary shooter on the pp anymore. Must be just a coincidence.

Green started that play with EP as a distraction on the right side.

This was long before any specualtion about injury and long before Peteys best season.

Some folks on here commenting on Petey's struggles starting mid season last year, and carrying on to start this season. I remember some past comments about how J.B. had to be convinced to draft Petey. Maybe J.B. had a feeling Petey would struggle at this level once the opposing players figured out how to slow him down.

Just my thought as I enjoy my first cup of coffee this morning. I hope Petey can find a way through this.

• Confused 1
  • ThereItIs 1

10 hours ago, Devron said:

There’s a little bit of freaking out. Wasn’t directed at you personally although there’s some Petey freaking out going on 🙂 

I don't see people freaking out at all.  It's a discussion board and they've started out poorly and people are discussing why.

Honestly, the only people giving off freak out vibes are those freaking out about "people freaking out".

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, stawns said:

I don't see people freaking out at all.  It's a discussion board and they've started out poorly and people are discussing why.

Honestly, the only people giving off freak out vibes are those freaking out about "people freaking out".

We started meh. Clearly Silovs lost game one. Do really we would be 3 out of 4 points. 
The team that started poorly is the Coilers. 0-3 and 3 goals for and 15 against. McWhiner 2 points and minus five. 

3 hours ago, Joe King said:

Some folks on here commenting on Petey's struggles starting mid season last year, and carrying on to start this season. I remember some past comments about how J.B. had to be convinced to draft Petey. Maybe J.B. had a feeling Petey would struggle at this level once the opposing players figured out how to slow him down.

Just my thought as I enjoy my first cup of coffee this morning. I hope Petey can find a way through this.

I think a big part of it is coaches have figured out how to neutralize him on the PP and RT has made zero adjustments to that

On shoot outs:

Garland 8 for 20 (40%)

DeBrusk 11 for 30 (36.7%)

Pettersson 12 for 36 (33%)

Miller 11 for 33 (33%)

Boeser 5 for 24 (20.8%)

Sprong 3 for 9 (33%)

Suter 2 for 4 (50%)

Hoglander 0 for 1

Hughes 0 for 3

Heinen 0 for 5

Blueger 1 for 1 (100%)