[PGT] Vancouver vs Philly

Coconuts

12 hours ago, JayDangles said:

2 years ago Deb. 

I broke my foot and fractured my ankle in Jan 2023, AND had a hip replacement in March of this year, and I ran a half marathon in Septemeber. 

He has had plenty of time to heal from a sprained/strained/sore wrist

Happy for you that all healed well...

2 injuries are never the same... There is a difference between running a half marathon (no disrespect at all meant) and being an elite NHL player... 

No idea what is Peteys problem atm... But like everyone else here, I've seen, what he can do, and that doesn't vanish... personally I think he has spent too much time being an elite two way player, who plays a hard game... he is not built to hammer players into the boards, and should focus on his offence... In the beginning it was carefree shooting and play making, that has diminished some what. Hopefully he finds his mojo again, and gets rolling, as when he is on his A-game there are few better than him...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

11 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

I absolutely detest that "scripted - predictable" play that has lost all it's effectiveness because it's used ALL THE TIME!   Every time I see that, it brings back memories of "Special Ed" (EDLER) lumbering up the ice and making a crooked drop pass way off the mark.     There should be a 2 minute penalty for forcing fans to watch that!

This made me laugh... thank you 🤣

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Conscience said:

Ur such a jokester always good for laugh, lemme guess dahlin wouldnt even crack our top 6 right

Sabres’ fan? 
Who would you rather have Hughes or Dahlin? 
You do understand Dahlin is one of those over hyped guys, right? In a redraft he’s the fourth D man selected. He’s a dimwit. 

36 minutes ago, Conscience said:

Because hughes can make anyone look good, need to spread the wealth with our weak d

Yea might be time to try Hronek with Soucy.

I think Vinny can do well on Hughes pair similar to Schenn. Both are below average skaters that play a physical brand. It’s worth experimenting at this point to see what we’ve got.

Hughes Desharnais

Soucy Hronek

Forbort Juulsen

If that works we can put Myers with Forbort and have the second and third pair split the minutes that the first pair doesn’t play.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Still really think 

DeBrusk Miller Boeser

Dak Pete Garland

Hoglander Blueger Sherwood

Heinen/Sprong Raty Suter

Is likely where we settle 

For the time being while Dak is out I would play Suter with Miller, Brock and Debrusk w Pete, Garland  

Yea this is what I was calling for before the season.

It just makes sense with the amount of bottom 6 wingers we have. 

Joshua and Garland proved to be our most consistent forwards last season with their effort. Putting them with Petey for an extended period would be smart. Plus it improves the Miller line.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Still really think 

DeBrusk Miller Boeser

Dak Pete Garland

Hoglander Blueger Sherwood

Heinen/Sprong Raty Suter

Is likely where we settle 

For the time being while Dak is out I would play Suter with Miller, Brock and Debrusk w Pete, Garland  

Why are folks to against putting Sutter back on Millers wing?

One of the best lines in hockey last year...

DeBrusk - Petey - Dak when he is back

This will keep Garland running riot on the 3rd line with Hogs and Bluger...

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Yea might be time to try Hronek with Soucy.

I think Vinny can do well on Hughes pair similar to Schenn. Both are below average skaters that play a physical brand. It’s worth experimenting at this point to see what we’ve got.

Hughes Desharnais

Soucy Hronek

Forbort Juulsen

If that works we can put Myers with Forbort and have the second and third pair split the minutes that the first pair doesn’t play.

I'm not sure why anyone thinks desharnsis is a guy to put with Hughes.  Imo, he's not really an NHL caliber dman

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I'm not sure why anyone thinks desharnsis is a guy to put with Hughes.  Imo, he's not really an NHL caliber dman

And your opinion is half correct. Deharnais shouldn’t be paired with Hughes. However Deharnais is absolutely an nhl level D man. 
He would be top four on the Coilers. 

1 hour ago, stawns said:

I don't see people freaking out at all.  It's a discussion board and they've started out poorly and people are discussing why.

Honestly, the only people giving off freak out vibes are those freaking out about "people freaking out".

Ahh the ol’ discussion board response. ya and that’s what I’m doing. Discussing 

Starts Freaking Out GIF

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Why are folks to against putting Sutter back on Millers wing?

One of the best lines in hockey last year...

DeBrusk - Petey - Dak when he is back

This will keep Garland running riot on the 3rd line with Hogs and Bluger...

Wait a minute, wasn't the great 3rd line Garland, Joshua, Blueger? Was Hogs on the 4th? 

• Cheers 1

17 hours ago, Googlie said:

Sprong belongs on a line with Suter as his center.  Pair one of our better snipers, but suspect defensively, with our best defensive Center who last season made every line he was on better.

You mean Blueger, or Miller? Suter is decent but probably the worst defensive center we have. Aman may be better. 

Blueger is amazing defensively, Miller was superb handling the majority of tough assignments, and Petterson plays good/better defence except when he his ego gets to big and he coughs the puck up in the offensive end for a dangerous rush chance.

Sprong should be in the pressbox or 4th line wing every so often to bring some offence. He hasn't been good.

16 hours ago, BigTramFan said:

Yeah agree. Once Joshua is back I'd happily see him join Petey and Garland. I think those 3 together would be complementary. That would free up DeBrusk to play LW on the line with Miller and Boeser.

Fwd lines I'd like to see once Joshua is back:

DeBrusk. Miller. Boeser.

Joshua. Pettersson. Garland.

Raty. Suter. Hoglander.

Heinen. Blueger. Sherwood.

(Sprong/Aman)

I agree and would definitely consider loading up those top 2 lines and I think Debrusk would be a total fit on the Miller line. I would play Blueger on the third line though. He's defensively excellent and can play shutdown minutes. Then put Suter on his wing . He's been great there so far. (I find him unimpactful at C). Also gives Hoglander some quality linemates. Raty or Aman can play 4th line center.

DeBrusk. Miller. Boeser.

Joshua. Pettersson. Garland.

Suter. Blueger. Hoglander.

Heinen. Aman. Sherwood.

Sprong.

I think Raty should go down when Joshua returns and continue development in Abbotsford. He's been alright but obviously a little out of his depth and sheltered by the coaching staff.

Now that's how a hockey team should be structured. Your most expensive players in the top 6 and cheaper support and elc players in your bottom 6.

14 hours ago, Devron said:

So why are people freaking out? Look at Colorado and Edmonton. Like holy

Because our highest paid player in franchise history has been invisible for 8 months. Tired of people making excuses for him. 

- It's just 2 games

- It's just 2 weeks

- It's just 2 months

- It's just 1 playoffs

- It's just the 1st 2 games of the year

I want accountability. Pettersson staying on the ice with Yogi is great and all, but he had an entire offseason of criticism to fire him up. If he needs to put in the extra work now, 2 games into the season, we're not looking great to start the season. Pair that with Miller taking the preseason as an extra vacation and not being ready to start the season... Our chemistry being off, 2 of our big players out on IR. It's a very annoying start to the season. Credit to the team for getting 2 points, but they were ugly ones. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Because our highest paid player in franchise history has been invisible for 8 months. Tired of people making excuses for him. 

- It's just 2 games

- It's just 2 weeks

- It's just 2 months

- It's just 1 playoffs

- It's just the 1st 2 games of the year

I want accountability. Pettersson staying on the ice with Yogi is great and all, but he had an entire offseason of criticism to fire him up. If he needs to put in the extra work now, 2 games into the season, we're not looking great to start the season. Pair that with Miller taking the preseason as an extra vacation and not being ready to start the season... Our chemistry being off, 2 of our big players out on IR. It's a very annoying start to the season. Credit to the team for getting 2 points, but they were ugly ones. 

D4CEDBB9-5EDF-4ACD-85AD-67E3237E9CDC.gif.54d3f182b7c992a5572fcb69398a369a.gif

• Haha 2