[PGT] Vancouver vs Philly

Coconuts

57 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

100%. Call it freaking out, which I do, or don't if you don't like the term. Either way it's definitely pre-mature to be going on and on about Petey's performance two games into the season. Like what, he should have 4 or 5 goals and as many assists already or something? He hasn't been the direct cause of any goals or a reason we lost. He hasn't been contributing much offensively, or on the PP but it's very obviously a coaching issue there.

2 FREAKING GAMES

Freak Out Panic GIF

Thanks amigo...

• Cheers 1

57 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Which team, after their top two D, have a better next four than us. And factor in that our top two is better than theirs. AA115299-0490-4DC2-B205-12EC6EEF4099.gif.513d28b0323aee63c66c452002ee8bef.gif

Uhh 

Just in the west

Vegas 3 very good pairs

Dallas 3 Very good pairs

The Avs bottom 4 are better comparable top pair.

Nashville bottom 4 are better comparable top pair.

our bottom 4 are 

Soucy Myers 

AHL fodder. Let's be real. 

On the plus side it's not like the sky is falling. We need one #3/4D we got one in Zad and all it cost was a 3rd and a 5th. Fla won the cup with a worse D corps than we had. If we had had a healthy Demko theres a good chance we make the finals and possibly win it all. 

But thats hockey and why it's the hardest trophy to win in sports. 

Just now, Hammertime said:

Uhh 

Just in the west

Vegas 3 very good pairs

Dallas 3 Very good pairs

The Avs bottom 4 are better comparable top pair.

Nashville bottom 4 are better comparable top pair.

our bottom 4 are 

Soucy Myers 

AHL fodder. Let's be real. 

On the plus side it's not like the sky is falling. We need one #3/4D we got one in Zad and all it cost was a 3rd and a 5th. Fla won the cup with a worse D corps than we had. If we had had a healthy Demko theres a good chance we make the finals and possibly win it all. 

But thats hockey and why it's the hardest trophy to win in sports. 

Who are these players that are so much better than our 3-6 D that they make up the difference between our top two and theirs? 
It’s obvious we have the best D in the league. We have the best pairing in the league. 

27 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Cheers amigo... Agree 100%

This could work as well, with Joshua or Debrusk flanking Hogs on the 3rd line...

I am willing to try anything to find a person with chemistry for Petey, who won't forget about their defensive assignments... 

I think thats really important. 

I would like to see more full court press. 

If Miller and Petes respective lines and go head to head with other teams top 6 and exploit their defensive liabilities winning their matchups. Teams will adapt and try to get their top lines out against our bottom 6 where they will run into a punishing wall of Dak Sherwood  Hoglander Blueger Heinen who combined for 758 hits last year and 75goals.

Bruce Boudreau talked about it but Tocc now has the personelle to implement defence "starts at the offensive blueline" philosoohy. Pressure pressure pressure should be this teams mantra.  

Miller and Pete are two selke caliber C's this is a team that can tilt the ice and maintain a sustained attack. We just need our bottom 4d to to keep it simple and hold the fortress. 

• Cheers 3

This team was very good at closing out games last season. Hopefully they can get back to that.

They haven’t had trouble getting the lead so far just need to lock it down more when they have it. Let the other team force things and capitalize on mistakes.

Edited by DeNiro

28 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Who are these players that are so much better than our 3-6 D that they make up the difference between our top two and theirs? 
It’s obvious we have the best D in the league. We have the best pairing in the league. 

our bottom 4 consists of Soucy Myers and guys who wouldn't crack the rosters of the aforementioned teams. 

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

Spot on.... great call.

Yeah Tocchet was quoted saying pretty much the same thing today. Especially about the staples.

«Maybe a little bit of success last year and you come in lazier,» suggested Tocchet. «I don't know and I'm not pointing fingers at the players, but they were both winnable games. We have to get to our staples really quick. We've got to start going through people and I don't think we're battling as hard as we should. It is early, but we've got to get to it.»

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Hammertime said:

I thought you had access to the internet.

What’s that got to do with anything? Show which D on other clubs, after their top two, are so much better than our 3-6 that it makes up for how much better Hughes and Hronek are than their 1/2. 
Our collectively are the best because our top two are so much better than any other club’s top pair that it makes up for any advantage they might have in their bottom four. 

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Hughes put up 76 points playing with Schenn.

I don’t think he was exactly “shackled”.

This would just be a temporary solution anyways. We need to address the top 4.

They already addressed it..........they made the very conscious decision to load up on fwds at the expense of the dcorp.

3 hours ago, Googlie said:

Uh, no I watched 78 regular season games last year. I'm not sure what that article is supposed to support. I don't disagree he was an effective player. He was just far better on Miller and Boeser's wing than centering his own line. I feel Blueger is far better defensively and plays center better when watching them. Don't your stats there show he played wing mostly?

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, spook007 said:

Thanks amigo...

Yeah brother. You can start strong, in-between, or awful. It never defines the season it's up to all teams to adapt and fix the problems as they go. This is what sports are all about. We started out in-between with some question marks. We knew our goaltending was going to be a challenge. It turned out to be a legit concern, although Lankinen was a reason for optimism. Also, our defence was questioned and those fears were founded in reality too. Now it's up to the coaching staff to get them playing the way they envisioned and we'll see if it works out, but they definitely deserve some latitude.

To be honest if not for the third period against the Flames it's actually a pretty solid performance on the year. We were up 4-2 after 2. If we shut the door there it's 2 goals against each game and 3 points out of 4. Like previous years our Overtime and shootouts are garbage, but we outplayed Philly. They are a stingily coached team. Hopefully we come out and play our game tomorrow.

• Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yeah brother. You can start strong, in-between, or awful. It never defines the season it's up to all teams to adapt and fix the problems as they go. This is what sports are all about. We started out in-between with some question marks. We knew our goaltending was going to be a challenge. It turned out to be a legit concern, although Lankinen was a reason for optimism. Also, our defence was questioned and those fears were founded in reality too. Now it's up to the coaching staff to get them playing the way they envisioned and we'll see if it works out, but they definitely deserve some latitude.

To be honest if not for the third period against the Flames it's actually a pretty solid performance on the year. We were up 4-2 after 2. If we shut the door there it's 2 goals against each game and 3 points out of 4. Like previous years our Overtime and shootouts are garbage, but we outplayed Philly. They are a stingily coached team. Hopefully we come out and play our game tomorrow.

They had 9 shots in two periods in Calgary and only 3 in the 2nd period after absolutely dominating the first.......very much like the last half and playoffs last season. 

To me, that's concerning.......first game or not

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

They had 9 shots in two periods in Calgary and only 3 in the 2nd period after absolutely dominating the first.......very much like the last half and playoffs last season. 

To me, that's concerning.......first game or not

Coilers are 0-3 and been outs scored 15-3. McWhiner has two points and is a dash five. That’s concerning to the Coiler fans. 

• -dlc- unfeatured and unpinned this topic
44 minutes ago, Devron said:

What are the odds we play tomorrow. How’s Tampa with the hurricane?

Omg GIF

https://www.nhl.com/lightning/news/tampa-bay-lightning-to-host-food-supply-drive-to-support-local-relief-efforts

"Fans attending the Lightning games on Tuesday, October 15 and Thursday, October 17 can contribute by donating essential items pre-game, starting at 5 p.m., on Ford Thunder Alley, just outside AMALIE Arena. The collection will begin prior to each game and aims to provide critical support for local families and individuals in need."

TB is doing food donation collection tomorrow before the game.   So it looks like it's a go.  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Uh, no I watched 78 regular season games last year. I'm not sure what that article is supposed to support. I don't disagree he was an effective player. He was just far better on Miller and Boeser's wing than centering his own line. I feel Blueger is far better defensively and plays center better when watching them. Don't your stats there show he played wing mostly?

Let me put it like this. 

Miller Brock goal% with Suter. 80% 16f 4a 192mins.

Miller Brock goal % without Suter

Pettersson 61.1% 11f 7a 124mins

Guiseppe 57.9% 11f 8a 219mins

Hoglander 57.1% 4f 3a 118mins

and you can keep going with it if you like. 

Joshua Suter Garland played over a full game 75mins 100% 3f 0a

https://moneypuck.com/lines.htm

Basically every line you put Suter on statistically improved defensively. It's not really a coincidence.  Suter led our team last year in goals% 66.1 and was 2nd to Garland in Corsi 5v5. While I think we can agree playing against the cream of the league on a regular basis.

So while you may be upset he missed this chance or that chance and that was understandably a memorable opinion forming moment for you. We out chanced the opposition substantially with Suter on the ice. 

Edited by Hammertime
  • Cheers 2