[PGT] Vancouver vs Philly

Coconuts

9 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Good sign

Amazing news on Myers.

He’s a key piece until we add that #3 guy at the deadline - and we’ll make due with Juulsen/Desharnais in the meantime.  I thought Forbort-Juulsen looked surprisingly good last night. 

Edited by The Duke
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Duke said:

For sure.  Going to take awhile to judge this all, though. Last year we kind of lost our fastball after the allstar break.  If we start to peak at that time, we won’t be lamenting a slow start at all.  That’s the hope, I guess!

Definitely the hope. We're too good of a team, imo, to not put it together. 

Tocc just has to be careful to not get too far into a hole that makes it harder than it needs to be. 

• Cheers 2

14 minutes ago, Mordekai said:

I don’t get how fans don’t realize this about ep40

i bought his jersey years ago cause he could dangle out of traffic and make you fall and look silly. He would snipe the puck and score. He hasn’t shown he can do either. Holds on to the puck forever and gets blocked.

He wasnt even like this beginning of last season. Canucks regressed  last 30 games of last year partially cause he significantly dropped his point pace. 
11.6 is top 5 aav in the league

i am just hoping he can’t be a top two player on our team. Right now he is no where close

Exactly.

Don't know whether some posters just wear rose colored glasses, or they just can't see the truth, r they just refuse to accept,so instead they go after posters that rationally point out the obvious decline of EP. 

Whatever the reason, we all want EP to start playing like he used to.. I just have personally given up hope, and have moved to just being frustrated with him.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

I'll give it couple more games but I feel Debrusk is more suited to be with Boeser and Miller and put Garland and Hogs with Petey until Joshua returns 

I think so too.  There's no mystery why every line garland is on is the teams best line that night

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, JayDangles said:

It's because Petey has looked average at best for 8 months. Everyone was hoping a summer of rest, rehab?, training, new linemates would at least result in signs he has snapped out of it.

Now with 3 preseason games and 2 regular games, petey hasn't improved 1%, that's why people are concerned.

It isn't just 2 games, it's half a regular season, 2 playoff round, and now the start of a new season. 

During all that we inked him to $11.6. The team met him more than halfway here. It's up to him to have figured it out by now. He should have figured it out by now.

That's the entire team, not just Petey.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, wai_lai416 said:

Garland already proven he doesn’t work in any of the top 6. He was given plenty of chance the last 2 years and it didn’t work once 

Giving him a shift or two here and there isn't giving him a chance.  Garland is probably the most consistently effective fwd on the team and the one guy who makes everyone around him better

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Devron said:

Let’s see what he does in the next 20 games 

I've heard that before though people were saying that in December before the break. Maybe he is playing through injury. Xmas break will help.

Then in Febraury it was contract issues maybe.

Then it's was... let's see how he does in the playoffs..

Then it was let's see how he starts next year after after a summer of rest and maybe some better linemates.

Now we're back to, let's see after 20 games.

Meh. If an $11.6m player needs a revolving door of excuses and adjusted timeliness then I guess that's just our reality.

1 minute ago, JayDangles said:

I've heard that before though people were saying that in December before the break. Maybe he is playing through injury. Xmas break will help.

Then in Febraury it was contract issues maybe.

Then it's was... let's see how he does in the playoffs..

Then it was let's see how he starts next year after after a summer of rest and maybe some better linemates.

Now we're back to, let's see after 20 games.

Meh. If an $11.6m player needs a revolving door of excuses and adjusted timeliness then I guess that's just our reality.

Then I guess it is and there’s nothing we can do about that. We really don’t know what ls going on and if I were a betting man I’d say it’s some mental issues which is why Petey will have my full support, because I know he has the fire to be the best we’ve all seen it

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

You're saying the entire team has looked bad for 8 months? Because my post clearly explained how long Petey has been obviously struggling.

Or did you only read 1 sentence?

The entire has been underwhelming since January of last season, yes.  In fact, I started saying it in mid December last year and was public enemy #1 here ever since.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

The entire has been underwhelming since January of last season, yes.  In fact, I started saying it in mid December last year and was public enemy #1 here ever since.

You're not completely wrong. Team definitely struggled 2nd half of the season. It was our stellar start that carried us into the playoffs.

Only difference is there were multiple players who had amazing individual games and efforts even during that period. 

Garland, Blueger, Joshua, Miller, Boes etc.

Petey really seemed to be one of the only players, and definitely the only top 6 player who just didn't or couldn't get it together for any period of time

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Inkidu said:

You can't read between lines? There's an insightful man there that fools can't discern.

Why would anyone want to spend energy reading between the lines on a discussion board?  

I have no issues with alf, but personally, I don't have time to spend trying to decipher what's serious and what isn't.