Linus Karlsson | #94 | RW/C

Jess

I think he is ready to make the team next season. He led Abbotsford in points. He is NHL ready in my opinion and didnt look out of place in the playoffs. If we cant afford Lindholm he might be able to play third line C or slot in the top 6 as a winger with Pettersson 

Garland Miller Boeser 

Hoglander Pettersson Karlsson 

Suter Blueger Podkolzin

Di Giseppe Sasson Lafferty 

8 hours ago, Rypien-Punch said:

I think he is ready to make the team next season. He led Abbotsford in points. He is NHL ready in my opinion and didnt look out of place in the playoffs. If we cant afford Lindholm he might be able to play third line C or slot in the top 6 as a winger with Pettersson 

Garland Miller Boeser 

Hoglander Pettersson Karlsson 

Suter Blueger Podkolzin

Di Giseppe Sasson Lafferty 

I don't see this lineup as an improvement over last season's.  I would be surprised if they even

make the playoffs next season.  The lineup has a much lower salary cap, so they could add to

the team throughout the season and up to TDL. Sasson and Karlsson are both waiver exempt, so

they can return to Abby, if need be. 

11 hours ago, higgyfan said:

I don't see this lineup as an improvement over last season's.  I would be surprised if they even

make the playoffs next season.  The lineup has a much lower salary cap, so they could add to

the team throughout the season and up to TDL. Sasson and Karlsson are both waiver exempt, so

they can return to Abby, if need be. 

Good thing that won’t be our lineup then. 🤣

Might look like that in a preseason game or two…

He has to be on opening day roster otherwise he needs waivers no? Too bad he wasn't used as a C in the AHL, we really could use a Right Handed Center on the team and likely Lindholm is gone unless we move out more cap space and try to retain him. But I think how the coach used him was enough for him to NOT want to return he was a #3C here and we cant afford to pay that position his current cap hit let alone a2-3m yearly cap hit raise.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Good thing that won’t be our lineup then. 🤣

Might look like that in a preseason game or two…

If any youngster makes the team it is gonna be in a bottom 6 role. 

I expect them to honour an acquire top 6 help in some fashion. They can save cap by letting youngsters fight for 1-2 spots in the bottom 6. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

It’s no secret we are going to need some guys on cheap contracts to make an impact and I hope he’s one of them. 

Tocchet is high on him and ever since we’ve gotten him he’s kept improving on a year to year basis. He even got into the playoffs this year with us. 

Could see him splitting AHL/NHL next year. His catch is he can be sent down and is exempt from waivers for 54 NHL games. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/27/2024 at 2:06 PM, Rip The Mesh said:

Have a good feeling about this kid.

Very insightful article about Karlsson's determination to make the NHL, as well as the impressive

approach the coaching staff on the AHL + NHL teams to support the development of the young

players.  He's getting very close to reaching his ultimate goal and I sure hope it will be with the

Canucks.  He loves the organization and would be a very loyal and hardworking player for them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1