Team is still missing a scoring power forward in the top six on the wing?

Canuckfanforlife82

One thing I think is still missing from this team is a big scoring power forward on the wing. I think it would be perfect for a player like Petey to have a winger who creates space and time. They really haven’t had one since Bertuzzi. I know they don’t grow on trees. I always wanted a player like a Lawson Crouse from Utah, maybe if Utah is out, the Canucks can pry a player like that from them. I know some will say Dakota Joshua but he is a perfect third line player not a top 6 forward. Thoughts?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

No. We added a top 6 in DeBrusk

It seems like we do this every year. Some say we perpetually need a top 6 player and a top D man, all through he season. It was also said after we added Lindholm and Zadorov

It isn't about what we'd like but how the team compares to other top 6's. And D pairs. 

Edited by Blue
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Blue said:

No. That's DeBrusk

It seems like we do this every year. Some say we perpetually need a top 6 player and a top D man, all through he season. It was also said after we added Lindholm and Zadorov

It isn't about what we'd like but how the team compares to other top 6's. And D pairs. 

I don’t think you could call DeBrusk a bruising power forward that intimidates other teams by his physical play and can score.

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

He's not a power forward. But he's an upgrade on Mikeyev in the top 6. 

Yes I agree about that but what I was saying is we need a power forward that has the same attributes. Miller is the closest thing we have but he is a center. I really think we could use a forward on the Petey line like that. Mean, big, great hands, and can score. They are rare but man I miss Bertuzzi in his prime. Imagine him on this team. 

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Cheers 1

Sure the top 6 need to wake up and add some scoring to what they are doing but its only 2 games in chemistry will come with time. The top 6 aren't producing at the pace they were last year but to me there was a lot of roster shakeup and the chemistry just isn't there yet. Needing another top 6 isn't the issue for me its the bottom pairing defense that they can't address until Trade Deadline is the issue.

12 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I don’t think you could call DeBrusk a bruising power forward that intimidates other teams by his physical play and can score.

Petey has more points this season (and is a better defensive player) has a better plus minus, and has won more playoff rounds than Auston Matthews. 
Petey is a great young player. 

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

53 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

We had a top 6 Power Forward years ago, and traded him for a forward with a bad back. 

Canucks learned their lesson. 

We had another great you g power forward years ago playing with Gradin and Smyle. We traded him for a softy who scored goals but our team went backwards. There’s a lot more to the game than being fancy. 

• Vintage 1

I don't think so. We do need a loose cannon though. 

Someone like a Ferland, Posposil, Torres, Jeannot type that if a team targets our stars will bury theirs and can take a regular shift as a constant reminder not to fuck around and find out. Not some Rempe goon that can't skate in this league and will only serve to fight another teams goon which does nothing.

IMO Posposil is wasted in Calgary hopefully we are still in good standing come tdl. 

• Like 3

I think we need to make the decision on petey this year .

i just don’t see this team making the next step with him as out “super star”

we need to make a decision if we are better off getting assets back while the value is still some what up. 

2 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

I don't think so. We do need a loose cannon though. 

Someone like a Ferland, Posposil, Torres, Jeannot type that if a team targets our stars will bury theirs and can take a regular shift as a constant reminder not to fuck around and find out. Not some Rempe goon that can't skate in this league and will only serve to fight another teams goon which does nothing.

IMO Posposil is wasted in Calgary hopefully we are still in good standing come tdl. 

This ^^^
Rutherford is an old school hockey mind. He will instruct Allvin to find such a piece. Slowdorov was like that. We will find another guy similar but who isn’t a dimwit. 

2 minutes ago, Grinch said:

I think we need to make the decision on petey this year .

i just don’t see this team making the next step with him as out “super star”

we need to make a decision if we are better off getting assets back while the value is still some what up. 

How does a team win the Cup without a high end 1C? You’re suggesting we rebuild? 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Example of such a trade? 

Unfortunately I am a refrigeration mechanic Monday - Friday  and a hockey dad on the weekends…I don’t have time to call around the league. 

but I’m sure there is deals to be made 

• Cheers 2

Just now, Grinch said:

Unfortunately I am a refrigeration mechanic Monday - Friday  and a hockey dad on the weekends…I don’t have time to call around the league. 

but I’m sure there is deals to be made 

I agree that Petey has a ton of value. But that’s because he’s a 100 point, defensively sound, 1C, locked up through his prime years. 
Makes no sense to trade such a player unless rebuilding is the plan. These types of players are nearly impossible to acquire, unless getting fortunate in the draft. It’s very similar to how we have a phenom in D. Having both at the same time is very rare. Trading one away would be strange.