Team is still missing a scoring power forward in the top six on the wing?

Canuckfanforlife82

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I agree that Petey has a ton of value. But that’s because he’s a 100 point, defensively sound, 1C, locked up through his prime years. 
Makes no sense to trade such a player unless rebuilding is the plan. These types of players are nearly impossible to acquire, unless getting fortunate in the draft. It’s very similar to how we have a phenom in D. Having both at the same time is very rare. Trading one away would be strange. 

Soooo....You're saying trade Petey with 50% retained?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We had another great you g power forward years ago playing with Gradin and Smyle. We traded him for a softy who scored goals but our team went backwards. There’s a lot more to the game than being fancy. 

We also had Stojanov the puny fwd we got for him worked out ok.

• Vintage 1

29 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

We also had Stojanov the puny fwd we got for him worked out ok.

Do Stojanov is equatable to the two guys alluded to here? And Marcus Naslund was the opposite of soft. He’s up there with Linden, Smyle, and the Twins for being tough. Marcus dragged himself off the ice with a fractured leg. He never backed down. He was hard on pucks. He was a complete player. 

• Cheers 1

Those kinda players don't exactly grow on tree's. A lot of teams would kill to get one. Even when u do have one they can suffer badly from fitness issues.  The list of truly elite genuine power forwards in the league today is quite small. 

Wait till Vilmer the Viking gets a few more years under his belt !! Whether he will ever be good enough for top 6 I dunno, but I do have a lot of faith in that kid. 

Also we realistically need 2 more top 6 wingers. Or at least one more elite one. Brock is really the only proven elite scoring winger we have and he has struggled with form and injuries in the past. Heinen / Sprong / Suter on the wings aren't going to win u the cup.  Hopefully, Lekkermaki can develop into one by next year, but it looks like he still has a lot of developing to do to hone his pro game and his physical strength as he's now sidelined with yet another injury.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

One thing I think is still missing from this team is a big scoring power forward on the wing. I think it would be perfect for a player like Petey to have a winger who creates space and time. They really haven’t had one since Bertuzzi. I know they don’t grow on trees. I always wanted a player like a Lawson Crouse from Utah, maybe if Utah is out, the Canucks can pry a player like that from them. I know some will say Dakota Joshua but he is a perfect third line player not a top 6 forward. Thoughts?

We added Debrusk and Miller is a power forward on the top line. How many powerforwards do we need? 

3 hours ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Yes I agree about that but what I was saying is we need a power forward that has the same attributes. Miller is the closest thing we have but he is a center. I really think we could use a forward on the Petey line like that. Mean, big, great hands, and can score. They are rare but man I miss Bertuzzi in his prime. Imagine him on this team. 

We also have Dakota Joshua who hits, can fight, is gritty and can score. There is not many Todd Bertuzzi type powerforwards. Only a handful like Tom Wilson and Bennett but they arent for trades. Debrusk is the closest we can get as far as powerforward goes.

• Cheers 1

47 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Those kinda players don't exactly grow on tree's. A lot of teams would kill to get one. Even when u do have one they can suffer badly from fitness issues.  The list of truly elite genuine power forwards in the league today is quite small. 

Wait till Vilmer the Viking gets a few more years under his belt !! Whether he will ever be good enough for top 6 I dunno, but I do have a lot of faith in that kid. 

Also we realistically need 2 more top 6 wingers. Or at least one more elite one. Brock is really the only proven elite scoring winger we have and he has struggled with form and injuries in the past. Heinen / Sprong / Suter on the wings aren't going to win u the cup.  Hopefully, Lekkermaki can develop into one by next year, but it looks like he still has a lot of developing to do to hone his pro game and his physical strength as he's now sidelined with yet another injury.

I would have loved it if Canucks could have gotten Marschessault but he seems a bit expensive and there is that age concern. Best to wait for Lekker to develop

2 hours ago, Wing said:

Another top 6 power forward would be awesome. Question is where can we find one without selling our farm and also fit under our cap.

Wait for TDL and then try to see what Caps want for Tom Wilson. Although i rather get a 3rd line center than another powerforward but if Raty shows consistent plays then a Tom Wilson on Pettersson line would be great to have.

17 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Probably not, teams don't typically trade them when they have them

There's only a handful of prototypical power forwards throughout the league 

Not sure we actually need one. DeBrusk-Petey should be a really good pair. Joshua didn't do great with Petey last year, but maybe with debrusk in the mix it can work? 

I'm not sold on the sprong experiment. 

1 hour ago, Hammertime said:

If there was a time to trade Pete it was LAST YEAR or even this offseason. 

Don't be silly. He's signed for 8 years. He's our guy. 

You don't get a divorce 2 days after the wedding. 11.6m for better for worse good times an bad. 

There is no scenario where any good comes from slagging Pete at this point. Ship has sailed. 

You took that joke seriously.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Grinch said:

I think we need to make the decision on petey this year .

i just don’t see this team making the next step with him as out “super star”

we need to make a decision if we are better off getting assets back while the value is still some what up. 

I tend to disagree here. As a harsh critic of Pete early on for being a pouty little bitch with the body language of a 13yo who had their I pad taken away when things weren't going his way. 

I like where he is headed in his personal development. I think the future is bright for him. I know it doesn't look good now. But the skill is there in spades and it's obvious the determination is too. He hasn't put it all together yet and adversity is the right medicine. This is a kid who has had it all come to him easyily. SHL MVP at 18. 

He's a kid young man with a ton of pride and strong headdness. As a person who mentors a lot of people Petes age and younger when I encounter a person with these characteristics. I always pressure test them by making them play second fiddle. We are gifted to have Miller. Pete is going to have to work his ass off to supplant him. When he does and I have no doubt that he will in the coming years we will have a juggernaut of a team. 

fans getting all pissy pants after 2 games into his new contract is immature bullshit from people who can't see further than they can stick out their tongues.  

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

I feel peteys line needs more time.  I think debrusk will be a nice addition..  he had a winger he had chemistry with for a year and a half..  he was traded because he wasnt fully committed to defense.   We now have aquired a speedy offensive player to play with petey who…..   ummmm why? 

I think we should trade elias petterson for future's...

especially because i want to change my username, PeteyBOI is played out there's like 40 peteys on this server....

I should be like Willander'sGramma then i could use this picture i just got chatgpt to make for me...

A cozy kitchen scene with an elderly woman, Willander's grandmother, baking cookies. She is wearing a warm sweater and an apron, standing by the counter with trays of freshly baked cookies. The kitchen is homely, with wooden cabinets, a window letting in soft sunlight, and some flour dusted on the countertop. There are cookie cutters, rolling pins, and ingredients like flour, sugar, and butter scattered around, while the smell of freshly baked cookies fills the air. The grandmother has a warm, gentle smile as she bakes.