Team is still missing a scoring power forward in the top six on the wing?

Canuckfanforlife82

7 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

I guess the question is, do we want Petey to be more Panarin/Pastrnak or Barkov/Kopitar? And which is more valuable?

Most teams have top liners, but there are only really a handful of Selke caliber forwards out there, assuming the bar is higher end offensive production and a stellar defensive/two-way game

The Barkov's, Kopitar's, and O'Reilly's are rarer than pure skill offensive forwards

I'm not sure it's so much about what kind of player we want so much as it's about what kind of player do we already have 

Does he have a good two-way game? I think so, I'm not sure he's strong enough in the dot to ever win a Selke but he's not a liability 

If he struggles offensively going forward Tocchet may have to consider loosening up his offensive systems though, time will tell

• Cheers 2

17 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

I guess the question is, do we want Petey to be more Panarin/Pastrnak or Barkov/Kopitar? And which is more valuable?

panarin/pastrnak easy.. he doesn't have the size of a barkov/kopitar to reach that level.

• Cheers 1