OMG Snow! Thread

Sharpshooter

3 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

A whole 45 minutes?

Lol. 

haha yeah, he just wanted to beat the snow and traffic home. Funny thing is, there was barely any snow anyway. I wasn't complaining though--got home 45 minutes early, which was a sweet deal.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I wish we here in the rat race had neighbours like yours. 

For my part, I shovel my driveway and then the whole street in front of my house. 

The neighbours come out and say, “wow, you’re doing too much”

And I say, if we all did this, our culdesac would be free and clear. 

No one does nothing. 

My anger grows. 

Last Christmas our entire culdesac was out in force....we got it done, as well as a few other neighbours.

15 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Haha, well the our office was closed 45 minutes early at one point last week because the CEO thought it was gonna be a snowstorm, so there's a history of significant imposing weather resulting in closed doors.

If he was my CEO I'd have four months off!!!! Get him over here!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Super19 said:

I consider staying home during Vancouver snowmageddon, but then I remember I got new snowtires put on, and it'd be such a waste if I didn't put em to use.

I'm staying home and watch drivers attempting hills in all season tires 

tenor.gif

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Super19 said:

I consider staying home during Vancouver snowmageddon, but then I remember I got new snowtires put on, and it'd be such a waste if I didn't put em to use.

just watch out for other drivers

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, -AJ- said:

haha yeah, he just wanted to beat the snow and traffic home. Funny thing is, there was barely any snow anyway. I wasn't complaining though--got home 45 minutes early, which was a sweet deal.

Your payroll department will pro-rated your next paycheque to remove those 45 minutes you left work early.🥸

9 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

I wish we here in the rat race had neighbours like yours. 

For my part, I shovel my driveway and then the whole street in front of my house. 

The neighbours come out and say, “wow, you’re doing too much”

And I say, if we all did this, our culdesac would be free and clear. 

No one does nothing. 

My anger grows. 

I can top that....my STRATA that takes money from me for maintenance fees (that have increased about 80% over the past few years) and has a snow removal budget doesn't use it! Ever. When I brought it to their attention (that I should not have to be shovelling snow) their response was total negligence. 

I do the same....there are 3 of us who are "regulars" during snow storms and we clear the entire 3 buildings of snow. Thing is, starting to get a little pissed that people now seem to "rely" on us for this...there are so many able bodied men/young men who don't pitch in (and should). I'm just getting over a back/hamstring issue so I just can't risk doing it this time....had a brutal couple of weeks where I could barely walk. 

But I'm already looking out there, thinking about getting it done myself. And probably will (may pay for it later).

• Huggy Bear 1

22 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I can top that....my STRATA that takes money from me for maintenance fees (that have increased about 80% over the past few years) and has a snow removal budget doesn't use it! Ever. When I brought it to their attention (that I should not have to be shovelling snow) their response was total negligence. 

I do the same....there are 3 of us who are "regulars" during snow storms and we clear the entire 3 buildings of snow. Thing is, starting to get a little pissed that people now seem to "rely" on us for this...there are so many able bodied men/young men who don't pitch in (and should). I'm just getting over a back/hamstring issue so I just can't risk doing it this time....had a brutal couple of weeks where I could barely walk. 

But I'm already looking out there, thinking about getting it done myself. And probably will (may pay for it later).

Its a liability for the strata to have owners do it, our strata got pissed when owners took matters into their own hands as they were worried someone would get hurt and sue strata since at the end of the day its their responsibility

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Good on you folks for helping out, but is there not someone higher up you can go to in this case? I always make sure my entrance ways are shoveled and/or salted.

58 minutes ago, Johngould21 said:

Good on you folks for helping out, but is there not someone higher up you can go to in this case? I always make sure my entrance ways are shoveled and/or salted.

Nope. Small strata and they're an ol boys club. President is a cop who makes his own rules...they don't even hold a proper vote to keep their roles. A group of friends who just keep on keeping on. It's been very frustrating. And they've hired a property management company who are also...friends of the family types. 

It would be a fight that's too big for me to take on. I used to try but they just do...what they want. 

• Huggy Bear 1

3 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Your payroll department will pro-rated your next paycheque to remove those 45 minutes you left work early.🥸

Haha yeah probably. Ended up being a snow day today for us, so it'll be pretty obvious if I'm short a full day on my next paycheque.

5 and a half inches in Powell River, at the airport- and still coming down.

Swept my wheelchair ramp and put some salt on the 2 foot wall of snow the plow left in front of my place- fortunately on level ground.

Now time for breakfast.

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • ThereItIs 1

38 minutes ago, Gurn said:

5 and a half inches in Powell River, at the airport- and still coming down.

Swept my wheelchair ramp and put some salt on the 2 foot wall of snow the plow left in front of my place- fortunately on level ground.

Now time for breakfast.

It's like a losing battle, by the time I'd finished my driveway, about an inch had fallen, so I did it over again. Good thing it's nice, powdery snow, that wet shit is hard on an old guy like me.. My wife measured our level of snow, around 15cm, at about 8:30 this morning. It sure is beautiful though, I plugged in the outside Christmas lights, to add to the ambience.

Edited by Johngould21
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1