OMG Snow! Thread

Sharpshooter

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

Another 2-5cm predicted for tomorrow afternoon/evening. Possible freezing rain, in top of the ice forming tonight. 

Yay. 

Traffic wasn't terrible today, but with those conditions forecasted for tomorrow, it seems like a spending hours in traffic type of day!

• ThereItIs 1

Just heard from my boss, the shop I work at isn't opening today because they are calling for more snow. Yay, more snow. Not like my shoulder isn't fucked or anything. But hey, another snow day.

• Huggy Bear 3

54 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Tesla owners complain they are stuck in "car graveyards" with batteries not charging

https://www.irishstar.com/news/us-news/tesla-owners-complain-stuck-car-31913305

These issues will never be seen in the Lower Mainland or Vancouver Island, just FYI. 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

The rest of BC though.....

nah, seems extremely rarified and now that we have data on it, probably rectified inside an 18 month window. 

In fact, sounds like something similar to a block heater is the solve. 

1 hour ago, Optimist Prime said:

nah, seems extremely rarified and now that we have data on it, probably rectified inside an 18 month window. 

In fact, sounds like something similar to a block heater is the solve. 

Soooo they want to keep the oil in the battery block thawed? 🤔

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

Soooo they want to keep the oil in the battery block thawed? 🤔

rofl, no, but apparently the issue is that the battery needs to be a certain base temperature before a charge can take hold on it. Just from peripheral reading. 

44 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

rofl, no, but apparently the issue is that the battery needs to be a certain base temperature before a charge can take hold on it. Just from peripheral reading. 

Ahhhh so like a better insulation with some heat trace or perhaps a more versatile dielectric solution? 

• 1 month later...

4.5-5 inches now, seems to slow down for a couple minutes, then gets grey and really snowy again.

A very large plus side is we aren't in California, they are getting hammered by a snow/tornado/hurricane thingy-fortunately no sharks, as of yet.

• Cheers 2

16 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Snow stopped about half an hour back- now sunny

We got more coming down in Nanoose.

I dont feel like doing the dog walk....niether does she but we must get our exercise! 

I'm a tough dog-dad. 

• Cheers 1